KDS internal error during rename project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS internal error during rename project?

johnbeale
Contributor II

When I attempt to rename a project in KDS 3.0.0 using right click from the "Project Explorer" window I get:

Rename Resource

Review the information provided in the list below. Click 'Continue' to proceed.

Found problems

(X) The participant 'Header File Rename' caused an internal error and has been disabled for this refactoring. See the error log for more details.

No context information available.

After clicking Continue, the process appeared to work (project is renamed) but this message doesn't seem right.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

For your first suggestion, I normally run with admin rights. This is because of the nature of what I do and the frequency that I need these rights.

On the second one, I deleted the .metadata folder and started KDS. The project loaded OK, but when I tried to rename it, I got the same result. Since it is entirely new for this session, I have attached the log file in the .metadata folder. I hope this helps.

Just tried the idea of a whole new workspace. That did didn't work either. See the second log file - I didn't close KDS so it is the last item in the log. (Be sure to check the timestamps.)

If there is something more specific that you'd like me to try, just ask.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

is this problem only for a specific project or a common issue for all project?

I suggest you try the latest KDS3.2

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development Enviro|NXP

and reinstall it to another disk. for example disk D. 

then test the project with another brand new workspace.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chadwilliams
Contributor III

open the .project file and edit the text between <name>  and  </name>.   easy, it worked for me (still testing)

0 Kudos

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I have the same problem. When I look at the error log, the following is reported, but means nothing to me.

====

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring 4 10000 2016-06-23 15:07:24.367

!MESSAGE Internal Error

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.corext.codemanipulation.InclusionContext.<init>(InclusionContext.java:64)

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.refactoring.includes.IncludeCreationContext.<init>(IncludeCreationContext.java:42)

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.refactoring.rename.HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.createEdit(HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.java:237)

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.refactoring.rename.HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.createEdit(HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.java:229)

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.refactoring.rename.HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.addFileChange(HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.java:204)

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.refactoring.rename.HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.createChange(HeaderFileReferenceAdjuster.java:183)

at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.refactoring.rename.HeaderFileRenameParticipant.checkConditions(HeaderFileRenameParticipant.java:110)

at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.participants.ProcessorBasedRefactoring.checkFinalConditions(ProcessorBasedRefactoring.java:257)

at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.CheckConditionsOperation.run(CheckConditionsOperation.java:85)

at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.CreateChangeOperation.run(CreateChangeOperation.java:121)

at org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring.PerformChangeOperation.run(PerformChangeOperation.java:209)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)

at org.eclipse.ltk.internal.ui.refactoring.WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.run(WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.java:87)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

=====

This is with KDS version 3.1.0

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello,

two points I can think of:

1. please make sure you have admin right of the windows. this feature won't work normally if you don't have windows admin right.

2. I know some of the customers can fix this problem by delete .metadata folder in the workspace or create a brand new workspace folder for the project.

please try both of them.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello John.

I just did right click from the "Project Explorer" window, it pops up window as below  but i didn't get exact message as you have.

pastedImage_0.png

how to reproduce your problem then?

anyway, please refer attached video of how to rename a KDS project.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

garylynch
Contributor IV

When I follow the steps in the video, after the first step
(RgtClk >> Rename) I get a different diagnostic message:

RenameProj00.png

I can complete the second step and build the project under the new name.

I can launch the debugger but get a diagnostic that the
debugger can't find main.c, because it is looking in the old
folder, C:\Users\gary.lynch\workspace.kds\IbnProgLedsK60.
That folder still exists, but is empty.

What did I do wrong?

0 Kudos