cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS 3.2.0 crashing to win10 blue screen

Jump to solution
inorman
Contributor III

This is happening every time I go to the clock management tab of either a new or existing PE project with sdk 1.3. Its specifically the MCG settings tab that causes the crash within a few seconds of opening it and scrolling down the page without even changing anything on that page.

This also happens across two different computers, a laptop and a desktop.

Screenshot just before opening the tab that causes the issue

clock2rd.jpg

and the resulting blue screen, with the error unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

blue screen.JPG

Anyone else have this issue and resolved it? As I said this happens across two different pcs, and it doesn't matter if it's setting up a new project or going to check settings of an exiting one. 

This is on Windows 10 version 1703, os build 15063.413   (on both machines)

I've run all the updates for KDS and also windows update but the problem persists.

Kind regards

Ian

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

it seems your graphic card/driver is causing this?

I would switch to the no-tabs mode: Switching between ‘tabs’ and ‘no-tabs’ UI in Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

Can you give this a try?

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kecart
Contributor III

Something similar happens on another eclipse based IDE. Going to a specific tab always caused BSOD on Windows 10 Build 1703 but not on build 1607. Microsoft just released an update (KB4022716) that appears to have corrected the problem. I have NOT tried it on KDS 3.2.0 yet but it did correct the issue on another Eclipse product.

inorman
Contributor III

Thanks Kelly for the extra info. Over night my computers updated to Version 1703 but OS build 15063.483 and everything is back to normal with the tab mode.

0 Kudos
inorman
Contributor III

Thanks Erich, that's worked a treat.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

it seems your graphic card/driver is causing this?

I would switch to the no-tabs mode: Switching between ‘tabs’ and ‘no-tabs’ UI in Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse 

Can you give this a try?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos