Inhibit "verifying contents of dependency file..."?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inhibit "verifying contents of dependency file..."?

robertpoor
Senior Contributor I

I'm building up a new project and want to compile frequently as I go along.  

My code compiles very quickly, but for the following 20 seconds or so, I need to wait for all of the "Verifying contents of dependency file ..." messages to complete.

Is there a way to inhibit that phase of the compiler, at least temporarily?  I've tried a few things but haven't discovered the right recipe yet.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That message to my knowledge is produced while the make (aktually the internal make) is checking the *.d (dependendy) files you will find in our output (debug) folder. The dependency files are produced as part of the (previous) build.

a) Make a clean (or remove the Debug folder) to see if it makes a difference

b) checke that the refresh policy is using the correct settings (Eclipse Project ‘Refresh Policy’: Broken Incremental Build with External Make? | MCU on Eclipse )

c) make sure you are not using a low latency file system (e.g. a network folder) for your project/files

d) make sure that all your files are local (no far remote linked files/etc)

e) keep the path to the project as short as possible (check the file/file length in the *.d files to get your current length)

I hope this helps,

Erich

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

most probably this means that makefile is being generated/updated. This can be affected by option: project Properties - C/C++ Build - Builder Settings - Generate Makefiles automatically

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos