cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dim led in KL26Z using PWM?

hunter18
Contributor II

Hi,

Is there anyone here that can help me on how to dim a led in kl26z using PWM and without using processor expert? Im a newbie in KDS.

Thanks,

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

KSDK_v2 can be configured and downloaded from web for the frdm-kl26z.

Goto: http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/kinetis-software-and-tools/developm...

Use the SDK Builder.cloud based tool.

It doesn't use PE.

It has following example:

C:\NXP\KSDK_v2\SDK_2.0_FRDM-KL26Z_KDS\boards\frdmkl26z\driver_examples\tpm\simple_pwm

From the "readme.txt" in that folder:

Overview

========

The TPM project is a simple demonstration program of the SDK TPM driver. It sets up the TPM

hardware block to output a center-aligned PWM signal. The PWM dutycycle is periodically updated.

On boards that have an LED connected to the TPM pins, the user will see a change in LED brightness.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

hunter18
Contributor II

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. It's a good suggestion but if possible i want to program it manually, i mean without using a processor expert (if possible) because i want to know how it works. I really don't understand the program on the link.

Do you think you can help me?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

The KSDK_v2 does not use or have PE implemented.

The KSDK_v2 contains static software drivers for the various chip peripherals.

KSKD_v2 contains many peripheral example projects as a learning, testing, validating tool.

Are you saying you do not understand the following example:

C:\NXP\KSDK_v2\SDK_2.0_FRDM-KL26Z_KDS\boards\frdmkl26z\driver_examples\tpm\simple_pwm

If yes, then reviewing code with the KL26Z Reference Manual TPM chapter should help.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos