How to debug with CYCLONE Universal on KDS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug with CYCLONE Universal on KDS?

meiso
Contributor I

Hi,

After spending a couple of hour searching for information online without luck, I decided to present my question here, we have a "Cyclone Universal" from P&EMicro, and I want to use as debugger to track some errors on our system and debug our firmware properly.

Is there any manual or detail information on how to use the Cyclone universal as debugger on KDS(Kinetis Design Studio)?, by the way we can use the cyclone as stand alone programmer without problem. I am trying to configure the cyclone on KDS but I only keep getting errors.

For instance:

Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1
No breakpoints currently set.

Disconnected from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1
Target Disconnected.
Target Disconnected.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me to solve this issue, thanks in a lot in advance.

BR

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ben
Senior Contributor I
0 Kudos

meiso
Contributor I

Hi Ben,

Yes, all the software needed for the cyclone universal are installed, all these software were acquired directly from PEmicro.

I am able to see the device on the "debug configuration" from KDS(see attched picture), and I am able to debug the code with a J-link without problem.

Thanks,

Cyclone_Universal_On_KDS_Debug_Config_01.png

0 Kudos

johnny_pe
Contributor III

Enlai,

I would load a new project for your MCU. Then check if it is possible to debug the MCU and set breakpoints with the Cyclone. If it works fine in a new project, then the issue is likely to be an improperly configured debug configuration in your project. This is what I suspect but would like some confirmation.

You can create a new KDS project for your MCU with the NXP SDK builder site.

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Since stand alone programming works fine, it sounds like you have no hardware or connection issues.

Regards,

PEMicro Support Team 

0 Kudos