cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom linkage when using Processor Expert

Jump to solution
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I've been using a modified linker file on a project.  One thing that's a little painful is I have to keep "Freeze Code Generation" turned on to keep it from overwriting my linker file.  The other painful thing is if I have to make a change in Processor Expert, I have to enable code generation again, make a backup copy of my linker file, let it overwrite the linker file when it builds, let it fail to build because the linker doesn't know what to do with the sections I've defined, turn off the code generation, copy my linker file back over, then build again.  Is there some way to either tell Processor Expert to preserve the linker file, or add your own linker directives?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You need to set the Generate linker file to NO in the Build options tab of the CPU component.

linker file code generation.jpg

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You need to set the Generate linker file to NO in the Build options tab of the CPU component.

linker file code generation.jpg

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thank you!  Did not know about that setting.  That works perfectly!

0 Kudos