How much power can I pull from the 5V pins on the I2C, SPI and other FMU port connectors?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much power can I pull from the 5V pins on the I2C, SPI and other FMU port connectors?

Jump to solution
nxf58541
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the max draw on the 5v pin of the ic2 bus?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58541
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, this 5V is a pass through from the power input module. There is nothing limiting the current other than the ratings of one steering diode PMEG2020EPK, the board traces and connectors. The power module is not specified, but typically 2-3 amps. The connectors are 1 amp per contact. The Diode is 1A. Having said all this, I would not plan on drawing more than something like 100mA from the 5V supply provided from the FMU. If you need more than that, it would be reccommended to use a separate BEC (external regulator).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nxf58541
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, this 5V is a pass through from the power input module. There is nothing limiting the current other than the ratings of one steering diode PMEG2020EPK, the board traces and connectors. The power module is not specified, but typically 2-3 amps. The connectors are 1 amp per contact. The Diode is 1A. Having said all this, I would not plan on drawing more than something like 100mA from the 5V supply provided from the FMU. If you need more than that, it would be reccommended to use a separate BEC (external regulator).

0 Kudos