cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI Guider with bare metal

Jump to solution
BabyBorisova
Contributor II

I'm working on a GUI project and was planning to use LVGL which i know can run without an OS. My project is not complex so Id rather start without an OS. I wanted to use GUI Guider to speed up development but the options (I'm using mimxrt1050-evkb) show the OS as FreeRTOS. My questions are:
If I wish to incorporate the generated code into a project will it have FreeRTOS dependencies?
If so, can I set up GUI Guider so not use an OS?

Not the end of the world but would like to avoid OS is possible lol
Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
zhenhualuo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Currently GUI Guider supports build-in FreeRTOS-based build and deploy for target board, the source code exported BY GUI Guider doesn't depend on FreeRTOS, it can support bare-metal usage. 

Best Regards, 

Zhenhua 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
zhenhualuo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Currently GUI Guider supports build-in FreeRTOS-based build and deploy for target board, the source code exported BY GUI Guider doesn't depend on FreeRTOS, it can support bare-metal usage. 

Best Regards, 

Zhenhua 

BabyBorisova
Contributor II

Hey Zhenhua,

Thanks for such a quick response. I've tested and looked through the generated code and understand how it works now. Its good to know that FreeRTOS is nota requirement of the generated code so i can continue with my work. 

Kind regards and my thanks,
Lexi

0 Kudos
gertvb
Contributor III

Hi!

Have a look at the following stuff

https://github.com/gertvb/LPC55S69_GuiGuider

Basically gui guider on a bare metal lpc55s69

A TechExplorer working with Embedded Software and Electronics in Agriculture and Alternative Energy
0 Kudos