S32K144 enable serial port DMA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 enable serial port DMA

zhouqichen
Contributor I

How can S32K144 enable serial port DMA to communicate with freemaster? Can this solve the problem of freemaster jamming?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

I assume that by "jamming" you mean temporal freezes or slow responsiveness of the FreeMASTER UI. You do not write if this is happening in the graph or HTML views and you also do not write what application you run at the MCU side. Generally, there are several factors which may affect UI timing. First, you should try the freemaster with official demo application to see if is is not a computer issue, USB-to-serial interface issue and other kind of hardware problem. If possible, you can also try another S32K board to compare. Use of DMA is not practical, it would most probably not help anyway.

If even the official S32K144 fmstr_uart demo shows problematic performance, then you can help us to analyze the issue:

• Remove any HTML control page from Project Options to rule out the web-browser interfacing issue.
  • Reduce the list of variables in the Watch View to one and see if also this causes issues. You can then open the Tools/Communication Log enabled for full verbosity and see the MCU response times.
  • Add more and more variables to Watch to see when the "jamming" starts to be visible.
  • Try using an Oscilloscope graph and change the sampling period to see what values are affecting the performance.

If the official fmstr_uart demo runs fine and only your own S32K application affects the performance, I would suspect late answers on UART line caused by a busy main() loop. Use of interrupt-driven modes (SHORT_INTR, LONG_INTR) could help to resolve it.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos