Freemaster too laggy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster too laggy

zhouqichen
Contributor I
What's wrong with Freemaster too laggy? Is it possible to affect the S32K144 crash?
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

Let's use the other thread to discuss the FreeMASTER performance issue that you have reported earlier.

You again do not specify the issue any closer. Now you mention also some S32K crashing without being anyhow specific. You will need to describe the issue in better details. Describe the application and problem symptoms that you observe.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos

zhouqichen
Contributor I
Hello, when freemaster is used to start the motor, there is a probability that the chip will crash and the communication will be interrupted. However, if you use can to start without opening freemaster, there will be no crash. Will freemaster cause chip crash due to data flow? Does freemaster use polling or blocking communication?
0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

FreeMASTER does not block - with serial line it uses either polling or interrupt-driven mechanism as configured in freemaster_cfg.h. 

The crash should not be related to FreeMASTER. Perhaps only ifs project is set up to read a memory/variable on an undefined address etc. You can try to reduce the FreeMASTER project to a bare minimum with a start/stop variable only in the Watch View and with the HTML control page removed.

What kind of crash is it (hardfault?). Can you track the origin of the fault?

Do you use the NXP motor control demo or your own solution?

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos

zhouqichen
Contributor I
Hello,Borrowing the software of official routines, the motor crashes during operation, such as program runaway. It is initially suspected that freemaster communication will occur, because starting the motor with freemaster will cause problems within a few minutes, but using a computer with high configuration will not cause problems. Is there a specific test communication command? I want to try whether it is related to data flow.
0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

FreeMASTER should not cause program runaways etc. If an improper variable would be sampled by FreeMASTER at invalid address, you would be getting a hardfault. Code runaway is typically caused by stack overflow, corrupting stack by modifying deleted variables etc.

FreeMASTER driver is no magic - it is quite simple handler of serial communication and a protocol interpreter. 

I recommend to increase a stack size and monitor its usage. I'm afraid you will need to debug and trace the issue down to locate the real problem. 

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos