cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-install FreeMASTER?

Jump to solution
Contributor II

Hello:

Last month,I installed the FreeMASTER ,and it could connect my board FRDMKE15Z. Yesterday I upgraded the newer version, but it could't connect the board.thus,I delected all the floders about FreeMASTER3.0  to uninstall it.after that,I try many times to re-install ,but every time it shows "one or more newer versions of the product are already installed.An upgrade is not applicable."what should i do ?

I'm looking forward for your reply.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

in my case the FreeMASTER can run with no issue. Please check following steps:

1. After successful importing and building project click on Debug Item near left bottom corner of your MCUX IDE 11.2.0_4120. In my case the mbed debugger and serial port is used.
  2. Now you can disconnect the debugger and press reset on the board or keep debugger running, both variant are working correctly.
  3. Check if the example is running - the LED should change the color after some electrode was touched.
  4. Run the Touch FreeMASTER file directly by double click from MCUX IDE from the Project Explorer -> touch -> freemaster -> src -> NXPTouchkez15.pmpx.
  5. Click the Go button in the FreeMASTER, all COMs will be scanned with speed 19200, in my case the board was detected on COM4. pastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.png
  6. Now the touch state from the board should be visible for example.pastedImage_7.png

Thanks

Pavel

View solution in original post

18 Replies
XiaoXing
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as you.Did you solve this problem?

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Yonghui Wang,

so the installation issue is now resolved. How about the communication with the FRDM-KE15z board? Is it working now?

You wrote above that you use the USB to connect FreeMASTER but I need more information. There are two modes in which you can use the physical USB connection with KE15: 

• Serial line emulation over the USB Debugger interface - connecting over "Serial" COMx port in FreeMASTER
  • Direct use of the USB Debugger interface using one of the BDM/JTAG plug-ins in FreeMASTER (in this case, you need to close the debugger session first, before connecting the FreeMASTER)

Which one do you use and what error do you get? Can you send any screenshot showing the error?

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Hi Michal,

Before the newer FreeMASTER to connect  the board, I meet the other problem that the demo project "frdme15z_touch_sensing" and "frdm15z_frmstr_example_usart" can't be build successfully,it has three errors.But the other project can be builded ande debugged successfully,such as "frdmke15z_tsi_v5_selfmode".It seems that if the project about FreeMASTER can't be build.

The console shows:

微信图片_20200730095519.png

09:35:02 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project frdmke15z_touch_sensing ****
make -r -j4 all
Building target: frdmke15z_touch_sensing.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker

arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -Xlinker -Map="frdmke15z_touch_sensing.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -print-memory-usage -Xlinker --sort-section=alignment -Xlinker --cref -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -T frdmke15z_touch_sensing_Debug.ld -o "frdmke15z_touch_sensing.axf"  ./utilities/fsl_assert.o ./utilities/fsl_debug_console.o ./utilities/fsl_str.o  ./touch_sensing/source/system/nt_system.o ./touch_sensing/source/system/nt_system_frmstr.o ./touch_sensing/source/system/nt_system_mem.o  ./touch_sensing/source/safety/nt_safety.o ./touch_sensing/source/safety/nt_safety_crc.o ./touch_sensing/source/safety/nt_safety_gpio.o  ./touch_sensing/source/modules/nt_module_gpio.o ./touch_sensing/source/modules/nt_module_gpioint.o ./touch_sensing/source/modules/nt_module_tsi.o ./touch_sensing/source/modules/nt_modules.o  ./touch_sensing/source/keydetectors/nt_keydetector_afid.o ./touch_sensing/source/keydetectors/nt_keydetector_safa.o ./touch_sensing/source/keydetectors/nt_keydetector_usafa.o  ./touch_sensing/source/filters/nt_filters.o  ./touch_sensing/source/electrodes/nt_electrodes.o  ./touch_sensing/source/drivers/tsi/nt_drv_tsi_common.o ./touch_sensing/source/drivers/tsi/nt_drv_tsi_driver.o ./touch_sensing/source/drivers/tsi/nt_drv_tsi_v5_driver_specific.o  ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_arotary.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_aslider.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_keypad.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_matrix.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_proxi.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_rotary.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_control_slider.o ./touch_sensing/source/controls/nt_controls.o  ./touch_sensing/source/nt.o  ./startup/startup_mke15z7.o  ./source/main.o ./source/mtb.o ./source/nt_setup.o ./source/semihost_hardfault.o  ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/serial/freemaster_serial_lpsci.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/serial/freemaster_serial_lpuart.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/serial/freemaster_serial_miniusart.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/serial/freemaster_serial_uart.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/serial/freemaster_serial_usart.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/serial/freemaster_serial_usb.o  ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/can/freemaster_flexcan.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/can/freemaster_mcan.o ./freemaster/drivers/mcuxsdk/can/freemaster_mscan.o  ./freemaster/freemaster_appcmd.o ./freemaster/freemaster_can.o ./freemaster/freemaster_pdbdm.o ./freemaster/freemaster_pipes.o ./freemaster/freemaster_protocol.o ./freemaster/freemaster_rec.o ./freemaster/freemaster_scope.o ./freemaster/freemaster_serial.o ./freemaster/freemaster_sha.o ./freemaster/freemaster_tsa.o ./freemaster/freemaster_utils.o  ./drivers/fsl_clock.o ./drivers/fsl_common.o ./drivers/fsl_crc.o ./drivers/fsl_ftm.o ./drivers/fsl_gpio.o ./drivers/fsl_lpit.o ./drivers/fsl_lpuart.o ./drivers/fsl_smc.o ./drivers/fsl_tsi_v5.o  ./device/system_MKE15Z7.o  ./component/uart/lpuart_adapter.o  ./component/serial_manager/serial_manager.o ./component/serial_manager/serial_port_uart.o  ./component/lists/generic_list.o  ./board/board.o ./board/clock_config.o ./board/pin_mux.o   

Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used
PROGRAM_FLASH: 77392 B 256 KB 29.52%
SRAM: 7664 B 32 KB 23.39%

d:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.2.0_4120/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.2.0.202001021529/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./freemaster/freemaster_protocol.o: in function `FMSTR_ProtocolDecoder':
C:\Users\Axent\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\workspace\frdmke15z_touch_sensing\Debug/../freemaster/freemaster_protocol.c:257: undefined reference to `FMSTR_UresControl'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
FLEX_RAM: 0 GB 2 KB 0.00%

make: *** [makefile:52: frdmke15z_touch_sensing.axf] Error 1
"make -r -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

09:35:07 Build Failed. 3 errors, 0 warnings. (took 5s.245ms)

Thanks,

Yonghui Wang

0 Kudos
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I cannot simulate your issue. I download SDK 2.8.0 pack with Touch middleware, imported both projects: frdme15z_touch_sensing" and "frdm15z_frmstr_example_usart" and successfully build both examples without any errors. The file freemaster_ures.c was added in both examples after import to MCUX IDE. I would try to create new workspace and import the project you want to use again.

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried to create new workspace in new path and import the project ,it also had the error.besides,I installed the SDK 2.7.0,it also has the problem.

Thansk,

Yonghui

0 Kudos
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

ok I will try to investigate your error case, could you provide SDK_package version 2.8.0 you are using and your MCUX IDE version ? 

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Hello,

MCUX IDE version are 11.0.1_2563 and 11.2.0_4120. The SDK_package version 2.8.0  was downloaded from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/download/eec911f9b650b9aecd0fe06f4b218bbe 

0 Kudos
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Firstly I tried to import your SDK 2.8.0 pack into old MCUX IDE 11.0.1_2563 this should not be working and really is not working because old MCUX IDE does not support the new SDK pack 2.8.0 this is expected behavior. 

Secondly I tried to import both projects: touch_sensing" and "frmstr_example_uart" from your SDK package into new MCUX IDE 11.2.0_4120, the import and build passed without any error. I checked that FreeMASTER sources are  located in your pack you shared in the Wed_Jul_22_12_25_23_2020-windows-mcuxpresso-FRDM-KE15Z.zip\middleware\freemaster\src\ path - this is correct. But you wrote in previous message that you do not see these files in SDK package, how it is possible ?

Did you share mi the same SDK pack you are using ?

If there are not FreeMASTER sources in the SDK pack the sources will not be in the project causing the build issue.

Thank you.

Pavel

Contributor II

Hello,

To the version 11.0.1_2563, I used the SDK 2.7.0,and to the version 11.2.0_4120,I used the SDK 2.8.0. I just checked the SDK zip, found the file  freemaster_ures.c,but the unzip folder has not the file ,so amazing.I copy the file into the the unzip folder,now it can build successfully.

微信图片_20200803165847.png

After that,I downloaded the program,and disconnected the MCUX IDE11.2.0_4120. But FreeMASTER also can't connect the board,the following picture  shows the error (the FreeMASTER project "NXPTouchkez15.pmpx"  imported from SDK_2.8.0_FRDM-KE15Z\middleware\touch\freemaster)

微信图片_20200803172432.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

in my case the FreeMASTER can run with no issue. Please check following steps:

1. After successful importing and building project click on Debug Item near left bottom corner of your MCUX IDE 11.2.0_4120. In my case the mbed debugger and serial port is used.
  2. Now you can disconnect the debugger and press reset on the board or keep debugger running, both variant are working correctly.
  3. Check if the example is running - the LED should change the color after some electrode was touched.
  4. Run the Touch FreeMASTER file directly by double click from MCUX IDE from the Project Explorer -> touch -> freemaster -> src -> NXPTouchkez15.pmpx.
  5. Click the Go button in the FreeMASTER, all COMs will be scanned with speed 19200, in my case the board was detected on COM4. pastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.png
  6. Now the touch state from the board should be visible for example.pastedImage_7.png

Thanks

Pavel

Contributor II

Hello,

Now, the FreeMASTER can connect to the board,thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

I'm sorry I don't know the Touch solution for KE15, but from the error it seems that the file freemaster_ures.c is not added to project. Do you have the file in the Touch demo installation? If yes, please add it to project. If not, let me know.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Dear Michal,

I have been built successfully.I downloaded the program,and disconnected the MCUX IDE11.2.0_4120. But FreeMASTER also can't connect the board,the following picture  shows the error (the FreeMASTER project "NXPTouchkez15.pmpx"  imported from SDK_2.8.0_FRDM-KE15Z\middleware\touch\freemaster).微信图片_20200803172432.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Hello,

As you said , the project don't have the file freemaster_ures.c .But I can't find the file in the SDK_2.8.0_FRDM-KE15Z\middleware\freemaster\src,and I didn't find the file on my PC.

微信图片_20200801101341.png

Thanks,

yonghui

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 1141886202@qq.com‌,

Regarding the installation issue - it is possible that there are some remaining resources not cleared after the uninstall process.

To confirm this you'll need to check the following file .com.zerog.registry.xml (it should be stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zero G Registry). This file contains a xml formated list of products installed using the same packager as FreeMASTER installer. In case it contains only FreeMASTER <product> - just delete the file. Otherwise remove this entry from the <products> list (in this case make a backup copy of the file just in case). After this try launching FreeMASTER installer.

Hope this helps,

Iulian

Contributor II

Hi Iulian,

The problem has been resolved, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

I don't think that your connection issue with KE15Z was caused by updating to the latest FreeMASTER 3.0. The latest version (3.0.3) is almost the same as the earlier 3.0.x versions, at least in terms of physical communication.

If possible, please install (repair) the latest 3.0.3 and try again. I will assist you to get the communication working. And if we have really broken something in the communication, it will at least help us to find the issue and fix it.

So, if you'd try the 3.0.3, what communication error do you get? What communication type do you use (Serial, JTAG, ..) And can you share your project?

You can reach out to me directly in case you do not want to share the project here in public.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Michal

Hello !

Thank you for your reply on the NXP community about my question "how to re-install FreeMASTER".

I installed the newest version 3.0.3.6,it also showed   "one or more newer versions of the product are already installed.An upgrade is not applicable."Beside, I tried to uninstall MCUXpresso and delete all folder about NXP ,after that I try again install  the newest version 3.0.3.6,the question still exist. 

The project what i used is frdmke15z_tsi_v5_selfmodd which imported from SDK example(SDK_2.x_FRDM-KE15z  2.8.0).And I used the USB to connect the Board,now Ican Debug it.

Does it will cause the problem by deleting the folder about FreeMASTER instead of  using the normal way to uninstall it ?or beause of the Software Activation Code?image002(07-29-17-25-28).jpgimage001(07-29-17-25-28).jpg

0 Kudos