Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HARD FAULT with P&E MULTILINK DEBUGGER

Jump to solution
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

my target is S32k311 and I'm using Q-100 eval board. recently I added some code to my project which caused  a HARD FAULT trigger.

we're using P&E USB MULTILINK debugger with GDB Eclipse, ever since I added the code that caused a HARD_FAULT .the debugger does not connect and this is what I get in the console:

Initializing.
Target has been RESET and is active.

Starting reset script (C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne.expansion_5.5.7.202304031909\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\S32K3xx\S32K310.mac) ...
REM Enable clocks for selected cores in MC_ME module (the sequence below enables all clocks).
REM Initialize RAM and DMA:
REM Initialize DMA TCD:
REM Copy valid executable code to RAM for each core to be used.
REM Enable required cores in MC_ME:
Delaying for 20mS ...
Done.

Reset script (C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne.expansion_5.5.7.202304031909\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\S32K3xx\S32K310.mac) completed.

BusFault: An imprecise (asynchronous) data access error has occurred.
HardFault: A fault has been escalated to a hard fault.

I do get the same error message even when I remove the code which caused this in the first place.

recycling the power and USB connections has no effect.

I need your assistance.

Regards,

Koorosh Hajiani  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

one of the common root cause could be the peripheral clock is not enabled before peripheral is accessed in code. So check this.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

one of the common root cause could be the peripheral clock is not enabled before peripheral is accessed in code. So check this.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos