MCF v4 - Linux I2C bus driver, how to select adapter?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF v4 - Linux I2C bus driver, how to select adapter?

Jump to solution
lmhdoms
Contributor III

Hello all,

The MCF54418 has 6 I2C modules. In my setup I am using I2C5 connected to three I2C slave devices. U-Boot has been modfied to correctly probe all slaves. Moving on to Linux I face that the driver will initialize I2C0 and not I2C5, hence my slaves can not be detected. On I2C0 the slave 2C (a clock chip) is detected and I can communicate through i2c-dev. So all is fine, except for the adapter selection.

I looked in the driver "linux/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mcf.c" but the changes needed are not evident!

Any help is appreciated. I belive Linux should be able to find both adapters, but if not then I2C5 is enough.

I am using ltib-modelo-20100709 and I have attached a listing of U-Boot and kernel boot.

Thanks and regards,

- Lars

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lmhdoms
Contributor III

Just to close this issue, I edited the linux/arch/m68k/coldfire/m5441x/devices.c  file which has all the port configurations for the specific processor. Also, I modified the ltib menu (/config/platform/modelo/main.lkc) to support selecting I2C adapter 0-5.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lmhdoms
Contributor III

Just to close this issue, I edited the linux/arch/m68k/coldfire/m5441x/devices.c  file which has all the port configurations for the specific processor. Also, I modified the ltib menu (/config/platform/modelo/main.lkc) to support selecting I2C adapter 0-5.

0 Kudos