Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDM debugger lost connection to M52223EVB MCU

Jump to solution
DaStoned
Contributor II
Hi

I am using a M52223EVB board together with P&E Micro's USB ColdFire Multilink debugger. Last week I flashed the onboard ColdFire MCU with some new code (using CF Flasher 3.1) and after that it stopped responding. The debugger reports that it cannot force the MCU into background mode. I am assuming that this freeze is caused by my hardware initialization code.

How could I undo the damage? Can I somehow clear the Flash inside the MCU? Can I convince the debugger to communicate with the MCU?

Some details:

The MCU internal clock is running at 48 MHz (checked CLKOUT with oscilloscope), reset works (the RESET led blinks when debugger tries to connect) and the debugger works OK with a "good" M52223EVB board. Also tried a second Multilink debugger, no good. Power, USB and BDM connections are OK.

I have - unfortunately - replicated the exact same situation on a product board (containing the same ColdFire 52223 MCU). Hence the assumption that the problem is caused by software.

The code in question is attached.

The error message from CFFlasher is: "Could not force processor into background mode. Check your connections, power, and specified parallel port."

The error message from P&E PROGCFZ programmer is "Can't communicate with the target processor! Please check your connections between the cable and make sure the target has power"

All suggestions are kindly welcome.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DaStoned
Contributor II
It seems I accidentally secured the flash. Using the P&E Micro Unsecure_CF utility, I restored the board to working condition.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DaStoned
Contributor II
It seems I accidentally secured the flash. Using the P&E Micro Unsecure_CF utility, I restored the board to working condition.
0 Kudos
Wesley
Contributor I
Dear DaStoned,
Nice to meet you. I am a student.I secured the flash. Using the P&E Micro Unsecure_CF utility, I want to restored the board to working condition.But I can't download Unsecure_CF in https://www.pemicro.com/.
Could you send this utility to my email.20074227065060@suda.edu.cn.
Thank you.
I need your help.
                                                                                                                                                Wesley
                                                                                                                                            2008-12-29
0 Kudos
DaStoned
Contributor II
The Unsecure CF utility is available on the following address:
https://www.pemicro.com/login.cfm?from_url=/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=228

Before downloading it, however, you must register an account on the P&E web page.

Message Edited by DaStoned on 2008-12-29 04:12 PM
0 Kudos