Using CodeWarrior QCVS Generate_Code in U-Boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CodeWarrior QCVS Generate_Code in U-Boot

sinasattari
Contributor II

I'm working on a custom board designed based upon LS1021ATWR board. In this modified board DDR3 DIMM modules are used whereas the LS1021ATWR uses DDR on-board chips.

I'm trying to modify the u-boot using QorIQ SDK ver 1.9 in order to support this modification. I'm comparing the u-boot code for ls1021atwr and ls1021aqds as a reference for my modifications.

I've used the CodeWarrior QCVS wizard and got the DIMM information by selecting "read from SPD" and it confirmed the read was successful and it generated the following files:

• InitDdrRegisters_1.c
  • ls1021a_v2_0ds_ddr.c
  • ddrCtrl_1.tcl

I understand that the .tcl file is used for initializing the DDR/controller from CodeWarrior for debug purpose.

The questions that I have are:

• Which of the two files I should use in my u-boot modifications to setup the DDR controller
  • Where should i place the content of these files in the u-boot source
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sina Sattari,

All these three files generated by QCVS contain DDR controller register values, you could use values in the section "# DDR Controller 1 Registers" in ddrCtrl_1.tcl.

In u-boot source, please modify DDR controller parameters in the section "Generic Timer Definitions" in the file include/configs/ls1021atwr.h according to the data generated by QCVS tool.

You could use the following yocto commands to rebuild u-boot.

$ bitbake u-boot -c cleansstate

$ bitbake u-boot -c patch

Go to the source folder "build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-qoriq/2015.01+fslgit-r0/git" to modify u-boot source code.

$bitbake u-boot

Rebuild u-boot image.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos