Boot from P1024RDB NOR Flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot from P1024RDB NOR Flash

pavankumarg
Contributor II

I want to boot u-boot.bin on the P1024RDB from the NOR Flash using the CodeWarrior TAP. I tried the same for the NOR Flash middle sectors and was successful in burning the image onto the NOR Flash's middle sectors and could successfully boot the same. But when I changed SW4[8] to off and tried flashing the same I could burn the image, but it doesn't boot. (for the middle sectors boot the address offset I configured was 0xfff80000) Also the base address by default while using the configuration .xml file for the P1024_NOR_Flash.xml is 0xFF000000. 

What should be the address offset for the booting from the upper 4 sectors ?

P.S - I'm using the CodeWarrior IDE v10.5.1 for Power Architecture on a Linux machine

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pavankumar G ,

The address 0xfff80000 should also been used for the upper 4 sectors.

Please create a project with Attach launch configuration enabled, then connect to the target board with Attach launch configuration to check what disassembly code would be captured in CodeWarrior IDE.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos