cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to debug & program fxth87

Jump to solution
saravanankumar
Contributor II

Hi,i am using Codewarrior for MCU for fxth87 family development.i try to program the same using IDE's built in Flash Programmer.It says programming successfull & verified,but i dont see my application running like simple LED blinking.when i debug ,LED blinking & debug connection automatically lost in few seconds..IC-FXTH870X6.Debugger- BDM MULTILINK.I also tried to use the sample starter  & RF periodic transmission project ,i am still getting the above mentioned problems.For LED blinking application,i disabled stop modes & RF transmission.kindly provide solution for the above mentioned problems

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saravanan,

Is this the sample starter project you are using?

pastedImage_0.png

Take a look to the following document that explains how to run the example:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/sensors/doc/support_info/FXTH87-CW10.6-SETUP.pdf

Please notice that before using the device it needs to be reseted, it is necessary to reset it each time it has been reprogrammed. The same applies when debugging, do not run the program before having reseted the device. You can find more information on the above document.

Another thing, are you using a custom board?

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nikitazavyalov
Contributor II

Hi! Looks, like we have pretty close problem.

We does not see any DATA in Hyperterminal from our own board and reference design FXTH87 board. For receiving use MKW01 development board. Checking by spectrum analyzer show that no signal at RF output on it.

When we make debug at code warrior: debugging is stop at RF initializing. see attachment

All setups are the same like in instructions.

Kindly provide solution for the above mentioned problems.

Thanks! ! !

debug_1.pngdebug_2_rf_set_tx.pngdebug_3_rf_en.png

saravanankumar

@Carlos_Mendoza

0 Kudos
saravanankumar
Contributor II

problem is whole device has been erased before programming.we tried in new ic ,it is working fine.is there any way to burn built in firmware routines to  the IC through flash programming.

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Savaranan,

You can perform a memory dump of the new IC and program the resulting flash image to the old IC. Please take a look to the attach document that explains how to perform a memory dump. In your case the user flash, firmware jump table and firmware flash goes from 0xC000 to 0xFFFF, this is the address range you need to dump and flash to the old IC.

Let me know if it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saravanan,

Is this the sample starter project you are using?

pastedImage_0.png

Take a look to the following document that explains how to run the example:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/sensors/doc/support_info/FXTH87-CW10.6-SETUP.pdf

Please notice that before using the device it needs to be reseted, it is necessary to reset it each time it has been reprogrammed. The same applies when debugging, do not run the program before having reseted the device. You can find more information on the above document.

Another thing, are you using a custom board?

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos
saravanankumar
Contributor II

Hi Mr.Carlos,

Yes,we are using custom board for FXTH87(IC-FXTH870511dt1).I used the sample project TPMS_Periodic_RF_Transmission_434 MHZ_2AXIS provided by freecale.I changed the configuration to ASK  by making following changes in the code,since we had only 434 MHZ ASK receiver.

//  PLLCR0=0xB0;   // 10110000                  

//  PLLCR1=0x64;   // 01100   100  pol=1 ini

PLLCR2=0xB1;   // 10110001

PLLCR3=0x44;   // 01000   100 CF=1  (bit2) //ASK,434MHZ

I dont see any frames in my receiver.So I modified the code by disabling stop modes,RF transmission,all measurements routines,instead i just toggled one pin.Before i flash file to the target,i erased the whole device,after that i flashed the device using Codewarrior's built in flash programmer .I got notification that programming was successful & verified.I dont see the configured pin toggling.Now trying to debug,when ireset before running the program.i get the following error"No souce available for 0xffff".I am not using any built in fimware routines for pin toggling.But when i debug in steps i.e step into or stepover.i am getting my code executed i,e pin getting toggled.In custom board,we have let reset pin open,we use Power On Reset (switch ON/OFF)after flash programming to run the code.

Will POR instead of RESET via reset pin run the code after flash programming?

Why i am getting the error "No source available for 0xffff" after reset via software during debugging?

Pls. solve my queries!!!

Regards,

K.Saravanan

saravanankumar
Contributor II

Sorry Mr.carlos,I made worng statement of Reset pin open.we have made schematic as per the reference from the freescale document..ActuallyReset pin is pulled up & connected to the programming pin as per the freescale reference schematic.But we are facing the problems as mentioned before.

Regards,

K.Saravanan