Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal compiler error

Jump to solution
FabioPacio
Contributor II

Hi All,
When compiling with optimizzation for speed level > 0, the compiler return this error:

internal compiler error (report to ) while executing in file 'PCodeAssembly.c' line: 1775 (compiling  'RxTxInterruptHandler' in 'LdvSci.c')

Did someone already found and solve this probem?

I'm using CW 10.2 for Kinetis MK60.

Thank you
Fabio

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dipika

CodeWarrior v4.02 was  released by Motorola before 2001. We do not support it for many years. Please upgrade to Classic CodeWarrior v8.3 if you are using 56800 product.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dipikakamat
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I tried that.Still the problem seems to be there. I cant migrate to higher version of the IDE as there will be firmware change overhead.Need to resolve this for CW ver 4.02 only.Is there any support for legacy compilers?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dipika

CodeWarrior v4.02 was  released by Motorola before 2001. We do not support it for many years. Please upgrade to Classic CodeWarrior v8.3 if you are using 56800 product.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

0 Kudos
dipikakamat
Contributor I

Hi keith,jones and pascal,

I am facing the same problem with code warrior IDE 4.02 for DSP56F805 MCU.I am getting internal compiler error in Pcode.c file at line 1003.Thsi file is not to be found any where in my sources.Do you have any idea hw to resolve this error?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dipika,

Pcode.c is a file of the compiler, not one in your application. As suggested above, can you try turning off optimizations?

Erich

0 Kudos
keithjones
Contributor I

Hi Fabio,

I'm getting a similar problem with a project I'm working on - have you got anywhere with this?

The error I'm getting is "internal compiler error (report to <cw_bug@freescale.com>) while executing in file 'PCodeAssembly.c' line: 450 (compiling '_ZN16GMessage_FactoryD2Ev' in 'gmessagefactory.cpp')"

Best Regards

Keith

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jones, Fabio,

First the MCU V10.6 has been release last Friday.

We recommend to use the last version if you can move your project/application on more recent version.

you can access it through:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

Regarding the problem.

I found similar problem reported by other customers.

First case Error line 450:

Installed Products: CodeWarrior for MCU Version: 10.3 Build Id:121211

internal compiler error (report to<cw_bug@freescale.com>) while executing in file 'PCodeAssembly.c' line: 450 (compiling 'LeituraFlash' in 'Configuracao.c')

the problem was logged in bug number ENGR00244296 and listed in the Known Issues for the MCU v10.4:

ENGR00244296

Description: When building a Kinetis project for the K20 and the Freescale USB Stack, there is an internal compiler error generated, "constant value not in range for Thumb2 instructions." The project is for K20DX128VLH5 and uses the Freescale USB Stack 4.0.3.

Workaround: Disable optimization, use –O0.

According to the ARM compiler release note, the issue has been fixed in MCU V10.5:

5.0 Build 55 (03-25-2013)

- Fixed ENGR00244296 - internal compiler error

this is true for the problem reported by this customer.

Is it the same for the similar problem reported by you Jones ?

I don't know.

Second case of Error line 1775:

Unfortunately I don't find relevant information about this problem.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
keithjones
Contributor I

Hi Pascal,

I've installed CW10.6 but still get the same error ... any ideas?

Best Regards

Keith

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fabio,

To investigate the problem we need more info regarding the project you're using.

Is it a example project ?

Can you please provide us the project or PCodeAssembly.c file (preprocess) ?

To generate the preprocess, select the file and with the popup click on Preprocess.

with this file I should be able to reproduce the issue.

Be aware the last version released some months ago is MCU v10.4.

this can be downloaded by the link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos