Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecure the MC9S12A256 chip for flashing and debug using code warrior IDE

Jeevan
Contributor III

Hello Team,

Currently I am using 

CodeWarrior® Development Studio for HCS12(X)5.2

for developing assembly language code and flashing the MC9S12A256 microcontroller.

I am stuck with the below mentioned error when I click on Debug in the IDE

Jeevan_0-1697610096557.png

Query 1: Kindly suggest me how to program or debug the MC9S12A256 microcontroller?

Query 2: Kindly suggest me how to unsecure the chip and run in debug mode?

Query 3: Kindly suggest me how to generate a .hex file after the compilation of the assembly language code in the Code warrior IDE? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeevan,

If your problem is because of unsecure, you have to do the following: once the Hi-Wave is open, click on "P&E Multilink/Cyclone Pro" and then click on the "Unsecure" option. This will execute the command file designed to unsecure the microcontroller. All the flash of the device will be erased and the security byte will be set to the Unsecure status (1:0 in the security bits).

If this does not work go to www.pemicro.com , click on the support link and then Downloads and Documentation. Select “Utility” as the Download Type and HC(S)12 as the Product Family. On the available downloads( http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm ) look for the Unsecure12 Utility, download it and install it. This software will allow you to unsecure S12 derivatives we have.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos