HC12: Keeping a Project under version control, with generating code?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HC12: Keeping a Project under version control, with generating code?

Jump to solution
bhubert
Contributor I
Hi,

I'm currently using the 9S12 Micro with Codewarrior 5.5 and Processor Expert.

I'm looking to start moving my project over to version control using clearcase. The question I have is that when the folder location changes Code Warrior always wants to regenerated the generated code and if you don't it still does it for you when you build. What is the best way to put a project into version control so when someone else downloads the project and opens it, it does not regenerate all the code for them and just uses what is currently available?

The reasoning for this is that when it regenerates the code it might not make any significant changes to the code but updates things such as the header and stuff that makes it a mess to do compairs and merges on the entire project when there are all these little changes in comments and stuff that are insignificant to what was actually changed.

If this does not make any sense please let me know and I'll try to word it differently.

Basically, how do most people put there code warrior projects under version control.

Thanks,
Blaine

Message Edited by CrasyCat on 2007-04-13 02:26 PM

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Not sure I completely understood your setup, but as hint, there is a global setting in Edit->Prefernces->General->Build Settings->Build before running which lets you switch off the automatic builds before starting the debugger.

I do usually not put generated things under version control, so for me it has to build.

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Not sure I completely understood your setup, but as hint, there is a global setting in Edit->Prefernces->General->Build Settings->Build before running which lets you switch off the automatic builds before starting the debugger.

I do usually not put generated things under version control, so for me it has to build.

Daniel
0 Kudos