Communication speed error on trying to download code using USB P and E Multilink BDM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication speed error on trying to download code using USB P and E Multilink BDM

Jump to solution
raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Hi,

I'm developing an application on the Hc12 dg128 using Code Warrior 3.1. I'm unable to download code onto my HC12 chip using the P and E Multilink BDM. The True Time Simulator gives me an error saying "Communication Speed not found" (see screenshots).  Any idea what the problem could be here or how this can be solved.

I was previously able to download code and work normally with the debugger. I was debugging through ruotines to reprogam / erase flash when I got a message saying "frequency change detected. unable to reconnect" and have not been able to get the debugger working after that. I've checked my connections. Both lights on the BDM are lit so the chip seems to be powered OK.

Are there any speed settings that can be changed in the true time simulator or code warrior? Could this be a hardware problem?

Raghav

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
First check if the oscillator is alive and running at expected clock speed. If it is, then try to unsecure the micro with either the hiwave debugger or P&E unsecure12.exe that can be downloaded for free from their site. Maybe you wrote to the wrong register the memory area around 0xFF00 where the flash and security registers are located?

If you still can't communicate with the micro then you likely have a connection problem, or less likely, something's wrong with your BDM pod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV
First check if the oscillator is alive and running at expected clock speed. If it is, then try to unsecure the micro with either the hiwave debugger or P&E unsecure12.exe that can be downloaded for free from their site. Maybe you wrote to the wrong register the memory area around 0xFF00 where the flash and security registers are located?

If you still can't communicate with the micro then you likely have a connection problem, or less likely, something's wrong with your BDM pod.
0 Kudos
raghav_sarma
Contributor I
Thanks Lundin,

I ran this unsecure12 utility and this solved my problem.

Raghav
0 Kudos