cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 10.7 install new software broken

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Hi All,

Just had to rebuild my computer and when I installed codewarrior 10.7 for MCU pro (that I have done many times before) suddenly the install new software is broken i.e. help > install new software > all sites > I just keep getting errors saying "Unable to read repository at *", here is part of the details (I get this for heaps of things).  Do I just need a new list of sites? I dont remeber having to do anything special previously....

!SESSION 2018-06-09 15:59:45.746 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20070613-1755
java.version=1.6.0_15
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en
Framework arguments: -application com.freescale.morpho.core.components.regxpcom
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -application com.freescale.morpho.core.components.regxpcom

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2018-06-09 15:59:50.509
!MESSAGE NLS missing message: ContentTypes_errorDialogAlreadyExists in: org.eclipse.ui.internal.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2018-06-09 15:59:52.644
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
at org.eclipse.rse.files.ui.resources.SystemTempFileListener$TempFileSaveParticipant.saving(SystemTempFileListener.java:101)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.executeLifecycle(SaveManager.java:383)
at org.eclips

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

the issue has been caused by the fact the nxp.com disabled TLS1.0 and only allowed TLS1.1 and 1.2. Older Eclipse versions like KDS and Codewarrior still use TLS1.0, that's why it was not working any more. The NXP/Freescale Eclipse update sites now have TLS1.0 enabled again, so it works for me again. But not sure how long this will be the case.

In any case, what I usually do for any Eclipse update sites I depend on, I make a local copy with the approch described in Replicating an Eclipse Update Site for Offline Usage | MCU on Eclipse . That way, even if these update sites go offline or even go away (who knows the future?), I always have something I can use even if the whole internet would go down ;-).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

I have also tried completely disabling windows firewall, and unchecking "Contact all update sites during install to find required software", I am really desparate to have this working.

Im not sure what to do but I need the FreeRToS features in both IDE's. I have a contract job that has to be completed in a few hours that requires the FreeRToS features in both IDE's. 

I have found various people have had this same issue but there is no "correct" way to fix it, people just "play around" and it magically starts working... I have been using these tools for 10 years and not had anything like this happen over 10 rebuilds / new machines... Its just come up now on this Windows 10 Pro 64 bit machine.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carl,

Please share the update site you want to install .

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

I would like to use all the standard ones that are in the list when you install it, for KDS:

KDS Updates - http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS

Any standard installation should have them working... I would assume... I have three computers on three networks all stopped working so i assume its server side issues.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carl,

There is a workaround for install KDS update , download the update site locally for offline usage,

please have refer this thread, it explains how to this:

Replicating an Eclipse Update Site for Offline Usage | MCU on Eclipse 

I just test on my side , it can work well.

Please pay attention that, change the update site

http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS 

to

http://nxp.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS 

(freescale -> NXP)

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carl,

Sorry  it  seems the server hang up , it is the same error on my side.

What software you want to install , maybe now we can download it , then isntall it use the offline mode

as a workaround now.

If you want to use the FreeRToS features on KDS v3.2 when debug,  you can open them at :

Window -> show view -> other...

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos