Can't connect BDM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect BDM

thawatchai_s
Contributor I

Help me ,please.I was trying to reprogram on flash memory MC9s12DP512 via BDM port but it was not successful.After that I can't connect to the chip via BDM anymore. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI thawatchai Sarawong,

Do you use NXP demo board or your own PCB?

What's your emulator? Multilink Universal? 

CodeWarrior version?

Windows platform?

You ever connected board successfully once before?

How about the connection if you try on another computer?

Error screenshot?

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

thawatchai_s
Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang.

Thank you for your response.

I use PCB.

I have used the Xprog to reflash my program to the board. 

Yes,I ever connected board successfully once before.

Please recommend me to recover my chip.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Xpog is not our officially recommended programmer,  I don't have experience with that and NXP doesn't support it.

What we use is P&E’s USB Multilink Universal  which is recommended in 9S12D web page:

S12D MCUs|16-Bit Microcontroller | NXP 

Let's see of any customer has experience with that.

Besides, I suggest you contact Xprog producer for the connection issue. 

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

thawatchai_s
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried the P&E’s USB Multilink Universal but I still not connect to the BDM port.

Do you have the method to recover or access via another channel of the mc9s12dp?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

To work with  P&E’s USB Multilink Universal , you need make sure you have its firmware support HCS12 device. you can check and update the firmware info with P&E firmware updater utility.

Another point I can think of is that if you use CW5.1 or lower version, it doesn't support 64bit win7/win10.

If you need more help. below information is necessary:

CodeWarrior version?

Windows platform?

You ever connected board successfully once before?

How about the connection if you try on another computer?

Error screenshot?

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

CW5.1 works well on 64bit Win10, of course if you don't install it to "Progam Files" folder. But I don't know how CW could relate to Xprog.

If MCU is secured and perhaps Xprog has problems with secured parts, I'd try P&E Unsecure12 utility. Of course P&E Unsecure12 is for P&E BDM dongles.

BTW "can't connect" and "unsuccessful" are worthless problem descriptions. I can't believe any programmer including Xprog, which I don't know at all, could fail without any output or descriptive message. What are those messages, what you see in memory view windows, perhaps some buttons disabled? It all matters and helps, unlike just "can't connect" and "doesn't work". And like Zhang said, Xprog support may be better place to ask for help about Xprog problems.

0 Kudos