Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple question about .prm file

gdkim
Contributor I

Hello, every one

I have a simple question about .prm file format

I simply understood .prm in codewarrior, which allocate memory map between source code and physical memory.

so, I want to know more detail about how to allocated memory using expression or grammar in .prm( i don't know what i will say)

could you tell me keyword for searching .prm expression or reference?

Thank a lot

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gidong

Not sure if I understand you correctly. I guess you want to know the method of allocating code/data to a specific memory address in source code. if yes, the normally used pragma to specify the code and data in C source file:
#pragma CODE_SEG <code section>
#pragma CONST_SEG <const code section>
#pragma DATA_SEG <data section>

here <code section>, <const section> and <data section> are defined in prm file.

You can refer Compiler manual  in your Codewarrior install directory. Search key word in this file to learn more.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

talktowendys
Contributor I

The talktowendys Survey is your consumer care questionnaire form the talktowendys to get the customer feedback. Even the talktowendys talktowendys Survey is situated at the speech. Com. You can fill the talktowendys Survey and endure a chance to win $1000 cash prize! talktowendys talktowendys Survey is a stage to speak out your brain regarding your adventure at the talktowendys store. You can tell how disappointed or happy you were during your visit.

0 Kudos