Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple pairs of the same variable in debug

Jump to solution
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

there is a problem that I cannot solve:
Using Codewarrior 11.1, every time I re-compile my software, if I leave the view related to Global Variables active, when the compilation ends, the variables previously inserted (to check their value), are repeated at each compilation and after a few times it is no longer possible to display their value ... they must be deleted and entered again.
A solution would be to change the active display from 'Variables' to any other one (Breakpoint .. etc.) before starting the compilation.
I seem to have understood that this is a known Eclipse problem but I have not been able to find the solution.
This problem is very annoying when debugging the software.
Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

compiling process can't invoke "variable" window.

Once  open a "variable" window in debugger, this window remains in debugger. We can still see it next time during debugging.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

Could you please check if you create a new project under a new workspace. How does it work?

We need to identify if the problem is associated with a certain project or workspace.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

Hi Jun, hanks for the quick attention.

The problem appears in any context: both an existing project and a new project ...

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you try new workspace? or remove current workspace .metadata folder?

How about reinstall CW in another directory?

0 Kudos
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie
unfortunately I don't have time to try by reinstalling everything. I tried on another pc where I transferred the entire Workspaces folder with the metadata subfolder of the main pc, in order to transfer all the works and customizations. Obviously, on this too I get the same problem. Perhaps during the Christmas holidays I will be able to find some useful clues.
Thank you

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

reinstall is my second suggestion.

The first suggestion "did you try new workspace? or remove current workspace .metadata folder?" doesn't take time.

This is used to identify if the problem is caused by project or workspace setting.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

As soon as I have some time, I'll try to do the tests you recommend and I'll let you know.
Thank you

0 Kudos
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

Hello everyone and happy new year,
unfortunately I was unable to do the tests that Jun Zhang had suggested to me and for this reason I ask if it was possible to automatically activate a perspective other than 'Variables' during the compilation, so I would bypass the problem.
Thank you

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you please specify what is "automatically activate a perspective other than 'Variables' during the compilation,"?

0 Kudos
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

I mean that, since the problem occurs only if I restart the debug (F11) with consequent compilation of the software leaving the Variables window active, I was wondering if it was possible to make sure that by starting this procedure (F11) another window is automatically activated display (eg Breakpoint)

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For example, to open breakpoint window after click debug button, please follow below screenshot

ZhangJennie_0-1642392126927.png

0 Kudos
legnanimassimo
Contributor I

in fact that's what I usually do, before re-compiling .. the problem is: 'I don't always remember doing this'.
For this reason I was wondering if it was possible to set a window other than 'variables' that would be automatically called up by the compilation procedure.
Thank you

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

compiling process can't invoke "variable" window.

Once  open a "variable" window in debugger, this window remains in debugger. We can still see it next time during debugging.

0 Kudos