Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in reset of MPC5643l

Jump to solution
meedandeys
Contributor III

Hello Folks,

I am facing below issue in MPC5643L.

When i flash in my software using JTAG, software is running fine, however after CPU reset, an exception for Invalid store at address is trig erred at first global variable initialization and the software is stuck up.

Can anyone provide direction on this issue. I suspect that I dont have proper MMU settings. Can anyone provide me what are the correct MMU settings for MPC5643L ?.

can anyone provide me VLE instructions for setting up MMU.

Thanks in advance.

-Meedan deys

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
meedandeys
Contributor III

This issue is resolved. My Compiler was tagging one of the GPRs as a stack pointer in backend, and my startup code seems to be using the same register to do startup sequence. After changing my startup code to use a different register this issue was resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
meedandeys
Contributor III

This issue is resolved. My Compiler was tagging one of the GPRs as a stack pointer in backend, and my startup code seems to be using the same register to do startup sequence. After changing my startup code to use a different register this issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

which IDE do you use? If you use CodeWarrior then the initialization is included in startup files. Described problem can be cause either by MMU settings or by missing SRAM initialization - the SRAM needs to be initialized due to ECC. Check the address of global variable in memory window in debugger - check if you can see any data in SRAM or if there are ECC errors or if the SRAM can be read ever.

Attached you will find one of startup files from project created in CodeWarrior 2.10. There's function __initMMU() and the SRAM is initialized at the end of INIT_Derivative() function.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have moved your question to the CodeWarrior Development Tools space because it is not related Processor Expert software.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos