I am unable to get the P&E Multilink Universal to communicate with a MKL16Z256 uP when using CodeWarrior 10. It works fine when I use it with Kinetics Development Studio so I know the hardware and physical connections are OK.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to get the P&E Multilink Universal to communicate with a MKL16Z256 uP when using CodeWarrior 10. It works fine when I use it with Kinetics Development Studio so I know the hardware and physical connections are OK.

raybreslau
Contributor I

What am I not setting up correctly???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. what's your CW10 version? I suggest you use CW10.6.4 from this url:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP

2. make sure you have Multilink universal selected as port. if you use 10pin SWD reduced pin protocal, have it checked in additional options:

pastedImage_0.png

3. I also suggest update to the new multilink universial firmware.

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

USB Multilink Universal Resource CD (10275 KB)

4. make sure there is not other board connection still alive when connecting CW.

5. at last, i suggest you check Erich's article:

Debugging Failure: Check List and Hints | MCU on Eclipse

can this help you?if not, please post your problem screenshot.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos