Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster 2.0.2 problem with transformed variables

Jump to solution
agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Hi,

I faced a problem with Freemaster 2.0.2 using transformed variables.

The FMSTR project used is attached. I use Freemaster ver. 2.0.2.4 (comm.protocol v3+). The target is connected with a serial link.

You'll se two representation of the same variable (an ACC32 viewed as INT32): the first is real-transformed and multiplied by 3.051758e-5 to ease reading/writing; the last is showed as DEC.

Steps causing the error are the following: i try to write a number (e.g. "9" or something decimal "9.1") to the real-transformed variable and Freemaster says "Could not translate value back to its raw format" (see image no.2).

But if I change the decimal-viewed variable all is ok: in the example i changed it from 327681 to 317681 and the real-transformed one correctly changed from "10" to "9.69486" (see image no.3).

I experienced the same error even with INT16 or Frac16 variable viewed as REAL.

Another point maybe linked: a project saved with the new Freemaster version is not able to be opened with the previous version (2.0.0.0).

Thank you very much,

best regards

agostino

Original Attachment has been moved to: Project.pmp.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Agostino,

thank you for reporting this issue, please wait for new minor release PC Host FreeMASTER where this bug will be fixed.

We will keep you informed.

Best Regards,

Iva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Agostino,

If I understood correctly, modifications made to a real-transformed variable are not allowed (Freemaster prompts an error message about being unable to translate value back to its raw format), right?

How did you define your variables?

I've made a quick test on a basic project. In this basic project, I added a volatile float variable:

volatile float test_value = 327681;
volatile uint32_t interrupts = 0;‍‍

Then, on FreeMaster, I defined these values as follows:

default variable.jpg

transformed-variable.jpg

This test_value variable is not used in the embedded application.

Once I tried to change test_value wether the normal test_value or through test_value_transformed it worked:

• Modifying test_value directly (test_value_transformed is updated correctly):

modify test_value variable.jpg

• Modifying test_value_transformed (test_value is updated correctly):

Modify test_value_transformed variable.jpg

How did you configure your variables? Is there any special setting that I didnt use?

I am attaching my KDS project for FRDM-K64F so you can validate and compare with your configuration. I am using FreeMaster Version 2.0.2.4 (comm.protocol v3+).

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
agostinofacotti
Contributor III

Hi Isaac,

sorry for the late response;

You're right! Your setttings are correct;

I've tested your solution on the same project and with float no problems arise.

I declared the variable as follows:

acc32_t a32PGain;

Testing again I Found that my problem arises when i try to modify variables viewed as integer (32 or 16 bit) and than transformed as shown in the following picture:Variable property.jpgIn this case i noted that I can still write to the variable values as 0, 1.1, 2.2, 4.4, 8.8, 17.6 ecc.. seems all multiples of a but not any other numbers.

E.g. i can write to a32PGain the value 169.4 (169.4=1.1*154) but not the value 170.

I tried the same strategy above with the coefficent a = 3.01758e-5 and I confirm I can write values as 3.01758e-5, 6.03516e-5 (=2*3.01758e-5) but not numbers in the middle.

It seems that Freemaster doesn't know how to round numbers and accepts only multiple of the multiplier a

Thanks for your collaboration!

Regards,

agostino

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Agostino,

thank you for reporting this issue, please wait for new minor release PC Host FreeMASTER where this bug will be fixed.

We will keep you informed.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos