cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXTH870502DT1 programming

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Hello all,

currently Im working on the FXTH870502DT1, as Im new in this freescale platform Im facing problem while doing simple programs. I have downloaded the software stack from freescale website and trying to program it in the FXTH870502DT1, but not able to do that. Please kindly help me. If there is any document which will tell about programming and debugging steps then please share it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi sushil,

i'm also facing same kind of issue with FXTH870911 434Mhz TPMS Sensor part.

My EVB Not able to  execute any sample code which i have flashed using P&E Micro cyclone Pro Debugger.

Please share to me if any one has the image for this part.

Thanks,

sakthivel K

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sakthivel K.

I recommend you ask the sensor board issue in

Sensors

there are Sensor experts monitoring that space. they can help you better.

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi Zhang jun,

Thanks for your response,

Thanks,

Sakthivel K

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Hi sakthivel K.

First of tell me what problem you are facing. For my TPMS application I resolved the

problem which I was facing. Now my chip working well in programming as well as debugging mode.

Please kindly share more information about it.

Thanks & Regards

Sushil

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi Sushil,

I am using TPMS sensor FXTH870911 434Mkhz module for my development.

I have install CW10.6 and updated with TPMS batch files to support the TPMS Firmware functions.then i have downloaded Startup program from free scale site,build successful and i have flashed with the EVB and started debugging so i have put breakpoints at the function  "TPMS_READ_PRESSURE" here execution stopped and jump to the Firmware address so no source available so i am not able to test the output.

Secondly on 31st July i have flashed the sample code "FXTH87XXXX PERIODIC RF TRANSMISSION CW10" and tested with Spectrum Analyzer then i got the output  RF Data transmission signal and i have capture in the analyzer.So the sample program worked as described in the code every 1sec the RF data transmission happened.

After that i have modified the code for our requirement and again i have flashed this time i'm not getting any output. Modification just 18-bytes transmission data i changed to 10-bytes data.

After that for the double check i have revert back to original sample code then i have tested no output no RF data transmission. Then i have started debugging with P&E Micro Cyclone Pro Debugger same error like jump to Firmware address and suddenly the debugger loss the connection and terminated from the Debugger mode.

From that time onward no sample  program worked. For another way simple test i have written code like toggle the Port pin this code only working with the debugger mode if i have remove the debugger connection and power to EVB i couldn't see the pin toggle in the CRO.

Then going further i have faced same issue with all the sample code.In debugger mode Target pastedImage_2.png not triggered proper reset control goes to $FFFF Address.

Finally i have posted query with free scale technical support team and i have seen some of the technical discussion in community i came to know Firmware has been deleted accidentally and the same reason i have received from the free scale team.

Now i don't have any solution other than the replace the EVB module.

This is my problems i have facing from last few weeks.

This is very thankful if your share any solution for my problems.

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Hi

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi sushil,

Yes i am working on TPMS product.

How to check the debugger is full mode or not?

Note:After flashing debugger mode execution stop at main function.

RF_Debug_Mode.jpg

Yes i have giving the power supply 3.0 Volt to the EVB.

I'm referring this document " Xtrinsic FXTH87 Family Evaluation Design Reference Manual " Devices Supported: FXTH870911 and  FXTH870511/870911 434-mHz module schematic. Because i'm using TPMS Sensor IC " FXTH870911 ".

Yes while programming i have first select the 1 ans 2.

Flashing.jpg

How can i take image from this module i hope this firmware has been deleted right.Please let me know how to take image files before programming its possible to use the cyclone pro for import the image files.Currently i don't have any image file for my TPMS sensor(FXTH870911 ) module.

Thanks,

Sakthivel K

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Mail me your  stack. i will check it on my board.

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi sushil,

Please find out my TPMS Stack and check out and let me know the status.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM, sushilnikam <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Stack is working fine at my end. If you are having another chip then please go ahead with new one. Mean while we will work on this issue. Which board you are using for development?if you are having usbdm then please take backup of image from new chip.

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Really its working thanks for your feedback.

I have using P&E Micro Cyclone Pro Debugger. I not using USBDM so im not able to take any image.

This is the chip i'm using fro my developments.

Could you share what chip your using for  and My stack its Transmission RF data every 1 Sec , this code should transmit the RF Data(18bytes) every 1 sec ,Wake up interrupt has configured for every 1 sec.

Could your tell which .s19 did you flashed ( i have using FLASH_434_2_AXIS S19 files for this chip)?

IMG_20150821_154748.jpg

I have contacted with my supplier regarding this issue they might be replace my chip.

Please could you share the test result with me this might very help me and share your chip types additionally attach the photo of USBDM programmer. 

Thanks,

Sakthivel K

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Thanks for sharing the information. From where you got this board??

I have developed same board with slight modification.

Im using FXTH870502DT1 chip.

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Please send me your testing procedure on my id

sushilkumar.nikam@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

sushil

0 Kudos

TKB
Contributor II

Hi Sushil/ Sakthivel

I am using an FXTH870911 and facing the same issue.

How did you guys end up solving your problem? Did you use an image backup from a fresh device? If yes, can you share this image file and also tell me how I can flash my existing device with this image.

Thanks

Tushar

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi ,

i haven't modified any stack  i have using the same with the sample code ,

pastedImage_0.png

sample .prm file i have using for my TPMS Sensor board.

Thanks,

Sakthivel K

0 Kudos

sakthivelkuland
Contributor III

Hi sushil,

I have shared your my program stack with your mail , please check on your board and let me know.

Thanks,

Sakthivel K

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The FXTH87 has an S08, 8-bit microprocessor core, therefore you would require a universal BDM and CodeWarrior to program it.

I would recommend you CW10.6.4

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

and BDM interface:

USB S08/HCS12 BDM Multilink - In-Circuit Debu|Freescale

or

Universal Multilink Development Interface|Freescale

here is the documents:

FXTH87|Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor|Freescale

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Hi

ZhangJennie , thanks for your reply. As per your suggestion I already done all this things. I have developed the development board which was available on your web site. Now Im trying to test its functionality using the codes those are available on website but Im facing problem while debugging. When it goes to the function  TPMS_READ_VOLTAGE(gu16UUMA) it shows the error " No source available for "0xE001 (0xE001)()  " . I tried to debug codes those are available on website but all are showing same problem. Please help me regarding this issue.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. did you ever try full chip simulation mode? can it work?

2. try to create a new project with CW wizard, how does it work?

3. can you refer this doc step by step for your project?

http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/support_info/FXTH87-CW10.6-SETUP.pdf

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

sushilnikam
Contributor III

Yes I tried all this things.

0 Kudos