Debug and Flash the code in MC9S12A256 using PE micro [USB-ML-UNIVERSAL] in Code warrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug and Flash the code in MC9S12A256 using PE micro [USB-ML-UNIVERSAL] in Code warrior

Jump to solution
Jeevan
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I am using Multilink Debug probe: USB-ML-UNIVERSAL from PEmicro to debug and flash the code using Hi-wave simulator of Code warrior studio on MC9S12A256 and i am facing one of the below 3 errors

Error 1: Target MCU has no clock.

Error 2: Wrong BDM clock speed.

Error 3: Device is secured.

Jeevan_1-1698305818053.png

Even when i am using the Unsecure12 utility tool i am facing the below error

Jeevan_0-1698305774646.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeevan 

MC9S12A256 is not ARM product, so please don't select ARM as supporting achitecture. please select S12 instead as I marked below.

ZhangJennie_0-1698762745639.png

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeevan 

MC9S12A256 is not ARM product, so please don't select ARM as supporting achitecture. please select S12 instead as I marked below.

ZhangJennie_0-1698762745639.png

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
Jeevan
Contributor IV

Hi @ZhangJennie ,

Thank you for that useful information regarding the selection of architecture for the PE micro [USB-ML-UNIVERSAL] device.

I have generated .abs file in Code Warrior tool and generated the .hex file from "burner.exe" application tool. Can you please suggest me how to flash this generated .hex using burner application or any other tool to our "MC9S12A256" controller through PE micro [USB-ML-UNIVERSAL] device.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you please let me know if the original connection problem is resolved or not?

If resolved, could you please start another thread for the burning method question?

We hope to separate different subject to different thread. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Kudos
Jeevan
Contributor IV

Hi @ZhangJennie ,

I am still getting this pop up error window in the Hi-wave simulator application of code warrior developement studio even after making the architecture to ARM.

Jeevan_0-1699005881716.png

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeevan 

Becuase both CodeWarrior and P&E programming tool can not connect. I suggest you chech USB-ML_UNIVERSIAL first.

This is P&E firmware utility tool, please using it to update Multilink universial firmware to support 8/16 bit device. Please send me a screenshot if you did it already.

https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

Secondly, I suggest you installing drivers

PEmicro Hardware Interface Drivers, v.12 (7/8/10/11):

https://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

Hope this will help you.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
Jeevan
Contributor IV

Hi @ZhangJennie  ,

We have already installed the driver for PE micro hardware while installing Code Warrior tool only.

I have installed the P&E firmware utility tool as you suggested. Please check whether all configuration setting are correct in PE firmware utility tool and also do have a look at the Device manger screenshot also attached below.

Jeevan_0-1698648033107.png

0 Kudos