cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Disassemble Grayed Out

jrarick
Contributor I

Hi,

Certain projects in CodeWarrior 10.6 have the Disassemble menu item grayed out.  Other projects to not.  Both simply contain C files.  Is there a setting to enable Disassembly or is there some other issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If certain projects have the Disassemble menu item grayed out, other projects not, there’re perhaps some different settings in disassemble or compiler in Project Properties.

Could you please first try to clean and rebuild the project s that have disassemble menu inactivated? To do it, please click on ‘Project’ menu-> Clean, then rebuild the project.

If this does not make any difference, could you please attach an example project to help us reproduce the problem? Thank you very much!

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

that depends on the file type or if you have custom options set for that file. Can you share more informatin (screenshot, etc)?

Erich

0 Kudos

jrarick
Contributor I

This is the screen capture.  Don't worry about the errors, they are from other projects.  I can disassemble some c files, but not others. 

Thank you!

Jim Rarick

NoDisassembly.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks that it happens for linked files for you? What is special about these links?

I tried on my side, and I can do it on linked files.

Can you share the properties of that link?

E.g.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

jrarick
Contributor I

Here you go:

NoDisassembly_1.png

Thank you very much!

Jim Rarick

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rick,

does it happen only for the links in your project?

I see that there is a '~' in the resolved location, maybe this is causing the problem?

Erich

0 Kudos

jrarick
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Long time.  Unfortunately I am having the same issue.  In some projects I cannot disassemble .c files.  I really can't sent a project.  But is there any condition in CodeWarrior where disassembly would be prohibited?

Jim

0 Kudos

jrarick
Contributor I

What custom options would disable disassembly?

0 Kudos