Code Warrior TM USB TAP cannot communicate with the develop board ...Why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior TM USB TAP cannot communicate with the develop board ...Why?

Jump to solution
zhangrain
Contributor I

I just using the freescale MCU the first time, and buy a Code Warrior TM USB TAP, but unfortunately, it cannot work well, the RX/TX indicator was always flash red,

install software CodeWarrior v8.3 , libUSB-Win32 Device,

is any other drivers or plug-in need to be install?

personal computer used WIN7 64bit system, someone could help me to step over that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rain

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

CodeWarrior v8.3 was released before Windows 7, it is not verified on Windows 7.

However, we have tested that its build tools work well on Windows 7, only debugger does not work well, to support USBTAP debugging on Windows 7, user needs to install the new CCS update, please search 'AN4338' on NXP’s website (www.nxp.com), and follow the instructions in it to install the update.

In addition, we have another CodeWarrior tool for DSC, it is Eclipse CodeWarrior v10.6.4, this product supports Windows 7 & 8, and you may get more information of it from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

Hope it helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
zhangrain
Contributor I

PS:    MCU MC56F8013

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rain

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

CodeWarrior v8.3 was released before Windows 7, it is not verified on Windows 7.

However, we have tested that its build tools work well on Windows 7, only debugger does not work well, to support USBTAP debugging on Windows 7, user needs to install the new CCS update, please search 'AN4338' on NXP’s website (www.nxp.com), and follow the instructions in it to install the update.

In addition, we have another CodeWarrior tool for DSC, it is Eclipse CodeWarrior v10.6.4, this product supports Windows 7 & 8, and you may get more information of it from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

Hope it helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
zhangrain
Contributor I

thanks very much for your help, now the device can connect with PC,but another problem comes out,that I used the CW-MCU10.6 insteaded to debug the MCU MC56F8013VFAE, the IDE feedback the error info of "core not responding", in the other hand, A demo board of MC56F8013 from FreeScale website can be downloaded and earsed the flash sucessfully, via swap the two MCUs, the demo board failed , my own develop board turn to OK! but try any other MCU, it all fail,

The slik-screen of 'OK' is     "PC8013 \ 61538-5 \ 0443" , while the failed show "MC56F8013 \ VFAE M59 \ BXAD 1517G",  it seems the OK one is product in 2004, failed is 2015? any different between them?

can you figure it out? 

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rain

Whether the application running inside the "MC56F8013 \ VFAE M59 \ BXAD 1517G" configured the RESET pin into GPIO?

Is so, please hold down the reset button upon powering the board, the DSC is held in reset, not allowing its inside program running.  Then, start programming in IDE (still holding the reset button down).  When the debugger stops the programming and asks you to plug in the device, please release the reset button, and the debugger will start the  programming before the reset pin can be programmed as GPIO. 

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos