cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior 10.5.1 for PA - Install New Software not working

Jump to solution
PaulWalker
Contributor III

I have Code Warrior for PA 10.5.1 installed and I am trying to add QCVS (for RCW work). The installation was done as a clean new install.

When I try to use Install New Software I get errors.

Please help.

Also, links to any offline install packages do not work for me (they send me back to the NXP Code Warrior main page).

FYI - if I try to navigate to any of the update locations in a web browser I get 'Page Not Found'.

The generated error is:

Some sites could not be found. See the error log for more detail. Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/PA10_5_1/com.freescale.pa.pkt_win/content.xml. Remote host closed connection during handshake Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/PA10_5_1/com.freescale.pa.buildtools_win/content.xml. Remote host closed connection during handshake Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/PA10_5_1/com.freescale.pa.qcvs_win/content.xml. Remote host closed connection during handshake Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/PA10_5_1/com.freescale.pa.updatesite_win/content.xml. Remote host closed connection during handshake

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have transcended QCVS offline installation packages for CodeWarrior for Power Architectures Rev 4.5 to you, please pay attention to your email box to download it.

After downloading QCVS for PA 4.5, please open CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1 IDE, then install QCVS package from "Help->Install New Software->Add->Archive"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PaulWalker
Contributor III

I've got a bit further with this.

The Install New Software not working was because CodeWarrior installer still sets the download site as the old 'freescale.com'. I have edited and replaced with 'cache.nxp.com'. This information was very difficult to find! The QCVS installer now runs but generates MD5 hash errors (see attached). This also happens when running any of the update sites (build tools, eclipse, etc.). It also does the same in other versions of CodeWarrior (we also have v10.3). How do I sort this out?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could download QCVS for Power Architectures Rev 4.5 from NXP public Web site.

Please login "www.nxp.com", then download the installation file from "My NXP Account->Software Licensing and Support->View accounts->NXP Software->QorIQ Configuration and Validation Enablement Suite-> 4.5 QCVS offline installation packages for CodeWarrior for Power Architectures Rev 4.5.

After downloading QCVS for PA 4.5, please open CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1 IDE, then install QCVS package from "Help->Install New Software->Add->Archive".

Then reopen CodeWarrior IDE, create a QCVS PBL project from "File->New->QorIQ Configuration Project", please enter "Project name" and select the processor to be used, click Next. Then in "Toolset selection" panel, please select "PBL - Preboot Loader RCW configuration"

debduttabanerje
Contributor III

I actually found the QCVS for PA 4.5 here and successfully added to codewarior-10.5.1.

Attached a screenshot of the location. It may useful for others.

0 Kudos
PaulWalker
Contributor III

Hi, Thanks for the answer. QoriQ Configuration and Validation Suite doesn't appear in my NXP software list. Also does not appear under the Code Warrior list. See screenshots attached. I am currently using an evaluation copy of Code Warrior 10.5.1. We have a licensed copy of Code Warrior 10.3 but have not upgraded yet. The online docs for Code Warrior says QCVS is free (unlicensed) so I wanted to try out and start looking at PBL/RCW configuration for our QoriQ T-series based boards. How do I get QCVS in my Code Warrior? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have transcended QCVS offline installation packages for CodeWarrior for Power Architectures Rev 4.5 to you, please pay attention to your email box to download it.

After downloading QCVS for PA 4.5, please open CodeWarrior for PA 10.5.1 IDE, then install QCVS package from "Help->Install New Software->Add->Archive"

0 Kudos
pipi95
Contributor I

Can you send the offline install file to me, Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
pipi95
Contributor I
I have already got one, Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
PaulWalker
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the offline install file. I have this installed and working now with Code Warrior 10.5.1.

Note I needed to de-select the option "Contact all update sites during install to find required software", else the install would fail with an error.

Thanks again

0 Kudos