Run Timers (PWM) in Stop Mode when Debugging ?? (Dev.Tool Codwarrior v.7.3 56F800)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Timers (PWM) in Stop Mode when Debugging ?? (Dev.Tool Codwarrior v.7.3 56F800)

rrc
Contributor I
Hello.

Perhabs somebody can help me with my issue.

I am using the USB TAP with Codewarrior v.7.3 for debugging the 56F8014 on the final hardware. The hardware is an DC/DC converter. The FET's are driven by the PWM outputs.
Everything is working fine. But when debug is running i want to stop it and look after some values (voltage and current) stored in a struct.

Now here is the main issue: When I stop the debugging the PWMs are also stopped. Because of the hardware i must take care, that PWMs (Timers) are  also running  in stopped mode. Is there a possibilty to set this feature somewhere in the settings?

Thanks.

Lars
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gregd
Contributor I

Hi

I know that in some processors (56F8323) there is a register called PWM configure register.  It has two bits that allow the PWMs to run in debug and wait modes.  Unfortunately I do not know how to set the bits in CodeWarrior.  If any one can help I'm anxious for a  reply.

Thanks

Greg 

0 Kudos

gregd
Contributor I

I found the following solution

By adding the lines
PESL(PWMA,PWM_WAIT_OPERATION, PWM_RUN);  //Test only for PWMs to run in debug and wait
PESL(PWMA,PWM_DEBUG_OPERATION, PWM_RUN);

to the initialization part of my code.   I was able to get the PWMS to stay on in debug mode.  I set a break point and the testpoint held at 0.8V (usually it  drops to zero). 

Thanks

Greg 

0 Kudos