cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC56F825x, Codewarrior 8.3 and Quadrature Decoders

v_dave
Contributor IV

Hello All,

I am using a 56F8257 and developing using Codewarrior DSC56800E 8.3 with Processor Expert.  I have the Professional license and have successfully developed a number of products with this environment so I am not new to Codewarriors idiosyncrasies.

I have used the Qudrature Decoder bean with the 56F8323 in the past but I needed an upgrade in Memory for a 2nd Gen product so I moved to the 56F8257 as it seemed pretty close in features.

Reading the Reference Manual (MC56F825XRM) page 171 shows 6.6.2.6 Quadrature-Count Mode with Index Input.  This is exactly what I want to implement.  It states:

// (See Processor Expert PulseAccumulator bean.)
// This example uses TMRA0and TMRA1 for counting states of a quadrature position encoder.

I am looking at the PulseAccumulator Bean and I don't see how you can select more than 1 counter.  Anyone know how? Examples?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

joyce
Contributor I

hello, what do you want to obtain by using the Quadrature Decoders? The motor's position?

I am using the MC56f8367 for sensored  Field Orientation Control for a Three Phase Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM).

I am new to this kind of MCU. Could you please kindly guide me how to using Quadrature Decoders to get the motor's position using phaseA and phaseB signals. No index or home signals are provided by my motor. Million thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I am sorry, unfortunately this mode is not supported by Processor Expert. The example code in the RM is generated by PulseAccumulator component except last four rows (see details in the attached screen-shot), these rows were added manually into example code in the RM. In case you need to do the same you have to freeze the generated code of PulseAccumulator manually and tweak generated code manually.

I have passed this issue to the team.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

v_dave
Contributor IV

Hello,

Thanks for the response that does explain why I could not figure out how to make the Bean work properly. 

I really like the simplicity of the Quadrature Decoder Bean in the 56F8323. So once I manually edit the code and lock the Bean so that it does not regenerate how do I use it?  Is there an appnote or some example code that shows how to use this as a Quadrature decoder? 

0 Kudos