cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate *.o files in CW 8.2 ?

Jump to solution
freemanyang
Contributor II

I use CW8.2 for DSC. And there is no *.o files when I build the project. Now I need to get O files of my project.

I tried to seek in User Manuals, but haven't found.

If there is anyone out there know how to set the CW to generate the O files?

Thanks!

P.S. :If I build a new project "TEST", there will generate a folder "ObjectCode" in path “{Project}\TEST\TEST_Data\sdm_external_memory”, but it is empty, I don't know if it is the same problem as mine.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recall a CodeWarrior Classic supported a pragma

#pragma store_object_files on

Hope it help.

Stan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recall a CodeWarrior Classic supported a pragma

Hope it help.

Stan

freemanyang
Contributor II

Thank you very much, Stanislav! A friend told me the same method as yours yesterday, and that really help.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Freeman

There's no option in Classic CodeWarrior v8.3 for 56800/E to generate the object files.

The command-line compiler can generate separate object files, the option for this switch is '-codegen'. But this is not available for the compiler plugin in CodeWarrior IDE. Such behavior is same with CodeWarrior for MPC56xx as well.

The new CodeWarrior v10.x for MCU also supports 56800E products. The compiler plugin in this IDE can generate separate object files.

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP

Hope it helps!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

freemanyang
Contributor II

Thank you Xin! So I try another way that recall

Freeman

0 Kudos