Triax Code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triax Code

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:35 pm    

Does anyone know where I can find at least some of the code used in the Triax Accelerometer demo program for the MC13129SARD board?

Or can someone please tell me where I can find a sample external program for interpreting data in the processor (MC9S08GT60CFB)?

I've never worked with serial ports before, so I have no idea where to start.

Thanks.

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:03 am    

Hi,

I am not sure if you will read this reply after all that time, but anyhow I'll try. Maybe it will prove useful for someone else too.

BTW, I think that not including the TRIAX code in the Evaluation Kit is yet another unpleasant feature of Freescale's kit. Bah...

You simply need to check any tutorial on programming COM port under Windows, preferably by using WinAPI. The data is sent through COM port, so all you need to do is to :

a) make your PC-side program read the COM port and interpret the data;

b) make your board-side code format the data properly before sending them

It really is not difficult if you read a little about it. I recommend this very simple and easy tutorial for WinAPI COM programming :

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

Did anyone find this useful? If so, then please post a message.

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:53 pm    

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, I am no longer involved in the project working on the sensors.
If I encounter someone who is still involved, I'll be sure to pass on your info.

Thanks again.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies