PART 1: New Nitrons - Flash Prog Routines located in ROM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PART 1: New Nitrons - Flash Prog Routines located in ROM

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:34 am   

Hi, I just ordered some of the new 68hc908QB9 chips. I wondered that P&E doesn´t have a flash algorithm for the QB8 with the user monitor. The monitor should work fine with this chips. So does anyone know where to get these algorithms or should I try to disassemble the QY4 usermon allgorithm and change it a little bit. Another thing that I saw was that P&E has flash algorithms for 68hc9008QC16 chips. Has anybody any information regarding this chips ? 

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:27 am    

Couldn't find upload section anymore, sent it to your email from website...

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:44 am  

Hello, just a little strange, there are three algorithms for the different internal oscillator speeds, that is what P&E offers too. Are they for the user monitor, then what is about forced monitor mode. Forced Monitor mode should work with the internal oscillator at 4 MHz and what about normal monitor mode with an external oscillator. Very confusing. I´ll check the support in Codewarrior for this device. I think it must be possible to use the selfmade class III programmer to use this chipp.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:49 pm    

(these algos are from P&E)
CodeWarrior will work with QB8.
If you have trouble you could use QY algo.

Speeds depends on external clocking. Only 3.2MHz is possible in internal clocking in Forced MON08:

Forced monitor mode is when the part has to go in MON08 as there is no code.
User mode is executing code, no comms with computer/debugger.
Normal monitor is when you enter MON08 through higher voltage on /IRQ.

You can use a class III, no problem. You just have to adapt your baudrate depending on the clock you give. (you just keep same ratio as in table 17.1 page 200).

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:06 am    

Hello,

got the chip working now. The QB8 algos from P&E are not working with external oscillator. The QT/QY algos work so far, haven´t tried to program the whole memory. The next step is to get the user monitor from QT/QY running on this MC. Could be a problem, because ROM sizes are different fron the older Nitrons, so there may some functions be missing in it.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:54 am    

Which potentially missing functions are you talking about?

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:57 pm   

Hi,

ok I got a little deeper into detail on this chips. The QY4 has a Mon ROM section with 416 Byte and an Aux Rom with the size of 1536 Bytes at $2800. The QB8 has a Mon Rom section with 350 Bytes, and two AUX ROM sections. One with 544 Byte at $2800 and a second with 130 Bytes at $2F7E. So I think there must be something missing. One Problem is that the IGetPut rouine canot be at the same adress because there is no memory at $2D6B. But for forced Monitor Mode there must be somethig like that. Needs a closer look. The datasheet states that there are routines for programming and erasing the flash in ROM. Havet disassembled the code but there are approx 1000 Byte more rom in the QT/QY chips. 

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:10 pm    

I see where you're coming from...
QY ROM has some code used by Freescale internally which could have been removed because they became obselete.
I'll have a look in QB.
Arrow Tell me which functions you use and need an entry point for and I'll do my best before I leave for my beloved vacation ! Mr. Green 

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:45 pm     

Hello,

the missing function is IGetPut. This is called in he User Monitor Code to return the Security Bytes. It is the Software SCI that work with the internal oscillator. Don´t panic if you can´t fid it that fast at the end of the week I´ll go to hollidays too. I don´t seem to get it done before that.

Message Edited by RChapman on 01-24-2006 11:30 AM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies