May i use BDM Module of DEMO9S08LL16 Board to debug other CPU based on HCS08 core??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May i use BDM Module of DEMO9S08LL16 Board to debug other CPU based on HCS08 core??

fish_yu
Contributor III
I am an engineer in China.Recently, I have studied DEMO9S08LL16 board for a long time.Last Week, I wanted to use P&E BDM port on DEMO9S08LL16 Board to debug another module was made by MC9S08JM60(it is here http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=DEMOFLEXISJMSD) Because there is a BDM Port on the SD card module.So I want to use the P&E BDM port on DEMO9S08LL16 Board to debug the SD card module. SO, i ,firstly,read the schematic file of DEMO9S08LL16 Board. I found there are two jumpers as bridge to connect the BDM pins of MC9S08LL16. So, Well you know,I move them, in fact, they were taken away by i. Secondly, I use two wires to connect the P&E BDM pin which intergated in a 16bit Controller on the DEMO9S08LL16 Board to BDM Port of SD card module. The P_BGND which was belonged on 16bit Controller on the DEMO9S08LL16 Board link to BGND pin of BDM port of SD CARD module. P_RST was also belonged on the same CPU of DEMO9S08LL16 Board link to RST pin of BDM port of SD CARD module. The Power pin of BDM port of SD CARD module was linked to Power of DEMO9S08LL16 Board by a wire line. The ground signal pin of BDM port of SD CARD module was also linked to ground pin of DEMO9S08LL16 Board . So, Finally, I have linked all BDM Port of SD CARD MODULE to P&E BDM module of DEMO9S08LL16 Board. Well,you know,other Jumpers which installed on DEMO9S08LL16 Board. I wanted to debug the SD CARD module by P&E BDM module of DEMO9D08LL16 Board so that other Jumpers was taken away too. Now, I begined to power up for them. When I builed a simple C code,Let's take a random example named Hello,world. #include void main() { while(1) { printf("hello,world"\n); } } Now, I begined to download the code by P&E BDM port into SD card module in HiWAVE ENVIRONMENT. But,finally, The manager of P&E BDM told me a error in a dialog of the environment. The error message of the picture were attached in the mail. Now, I want to know how to use the P&E BDM module of DEMO9S08LL16 Board to debug the SD card module ?? May I use it to debug other CPU?? I found a message in the error dialog was shown in hiwave environment told me P&E BDM module have found the HCS08 cores, But I don't know why happened the matter. AND when i debug the MCF51JM128 badge board which was geted from 2008 FTF forum, the same matter also happened. But in this time, the message told me P&E BDM module have found the MCF51JM128. But it also can't run. I really don't know what happened. According to the P&E BDM module, It can debug all CPU based on HCS08 core and coldfire V1 core. Could you help me to solve the problem?? Thank You For Your Help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello fish_yu,

I am having some trouble understanding your post but here is my best guess.

Are you trying to use the BDM adapter on one demoboard  to connect with a different processor located on a different board?

If this is the case, you have been restricted from doing so in Codewarrior 6.2. It works with previous versions.

There is a post here that also helps you to copy some files across from 6.1 into 6.2 to get it working there. Or you can just use 6.1 or earlier.

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Here is the post describing how to modify CW6.2

0 Kudos