Problem with CodeWarrior for Coldfire 6.4 and C++

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CodeWarrior for Coldfire 6.4 and C++

djsisolak
Contributor I

I have an old project that uses CW for Coldfire 6.4 to build for the MCF5272. This has worked on XP for a while but i would like to move the development to the Windows 10 x64 platform. I ran into issues running the installation (driver would not install and updates could not be done through the utility) but I did manage eventually to get the app installed (without any updates). However, when i go to build my old project it appears that none of the selections from the preferences are being acknowledged. I get compile errors telling me that things like "bool" is not defined and "class" is not defined and the cplusplus pragmas are illegal even though I have selected "Force C++ Compilation" and "Enable bool support". Any idea what failed on the Win10 install that this would happen?

Thanks,

DJ Sisolak

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi DJ Sisolak,

I believe that is happening because Win 10 is not an OS supported by CodeWarrior 6.4. If you want to move your project to Win 10 I would recommend you to use the newest CodeWarrior version:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|NXP 

You will need to do some updates to your project while migrating to this new version of CodeWarrior, you can find detailed information on this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/379597 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos