Program compiled on LPCXpresso v7 and does not compile on v8.2.2.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program compiled on LPCXpresso v7 and does not compile on v8.2.2.

aubetf_
Contributor I

Hello,

Like said in the title I changed computer and I cannot find the version 7 online so I downloaded the version 8.2.2. But my program does not compile anymore.

I get this errors:

- `M0CodeRam' overflowed by 248 bytes

- EDVSBoardOSM0.axf section `.data' will not fit in region `M0CodeRam'

- make: *** [EDVSBoardOS.axf] Error 1

- make: *** [EDVSBoardOSM0.axf] Error 1

- No slave code for _core_m0app

- undefined symbol `__vectors_start___core_m0app' referenced in expression

So I have two questions:

- Do you happen to know what change between this two versions that could lead to this errors? Then do you know how  to solve the problem?

- The other possibility, do you know where I can download the version 7? (I didn't find it but maybe it is still there, somewhere)

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That error means that your slave M0 application is too big to fit in the RAM allocated for it. This then causes the M4 master project, which relies on the M0 image in order to build, also to fail. Without seeing your project, it is hard to say why you are getting this failure - but I would suggest starting by looking at the map file in the M0 project to see where the space is being consumed.

You might also find this FAQ useful : Application Flash / RAM size 

For more background on multicore applications, please see:  LPC541xx Cortex-M4 / M0+ Multicore Applications 

With regards to  older LPCXpresso IDE installers,  v6.xx and v7.xx are still available for download. To access go to:

http://www.nxp.com/lpcxpresso

Click on the Downloads button, then if necessary register / login.

Once you are at the downloads page, you can then switch from the default "Current" tab, which provides the v8.xx installers, to the "Previous" tab which gives access to the v6.xx and v7.xx installers.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos