How to add include paths

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add include paths

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

I cannot get Codewarrior to find my include files.  I have defined variables that are paths under Resource/Path Variables and I have used those to define include paths under C/C++ General/Paths and Symbols/Includes.  I did a create parser log on one include file that includes two others and it does not show any of my defined paths as search paths.  What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
16 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

You can add your include paths by going to menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings:

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Codewarrior Settings.jpg

OK, I am compiling for Coldfire MCF51JM32.  When I went where you specified it looked a bit different but the includes were there but are not being used.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

Could you post an screenshot of your Path variables configurations?

pastedImage_0.png

It would also be helpful if you could post an screenshot of the console information you get after compiling:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

OK, here is all the info I could figure you could use.

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi, just as a note after thinking about this last night.  I think this must have something to do with the way the Coldfire tools are configured in 10.x.  As I mentioned, CW 6.3 works fine running on XP under a VM.  Also, I have done projects with 10.x using the MKE04Z4, MKL02Z32 & MKL14Z32 on this same drive.  As I have mentioned, I am very frustrated.  I am making most of my efforts going back to CW 6.3 now but still would like to figure this out as I will need to maintain this project for the next 5 years or so.   Thank you,

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information.

Is F:\ an external drive? It seems like eclipse is having problems opening the files located there. Could you please make a test and move one of this header files to D:\ ,  add its include path in the compiler settings and test if you still get the "cannot be opened" error?

Also, could you tell me which CodeWarrior version are you using?

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

I guess that even though I have successfully developed products for Kinetis on my F drive and the problem seems to be in the Codewarrior 10.6.x interface to the Coldfire compiler that we are at a dead end and I will not get any more help here.  I must say, so far my experience with the NXP takeover of Freescale is not encouraging.  I can no longer submit a ticket for really hard problems.  Turnaround is very slow on the forums and if it does not follow a particular script them it gets dropped.  I miss the old Freescale now. 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

Please notice that you can still enter questions to NXP support, the procedure changed a little and it is now done trough a different system. Please take a look to the following post that explains how to do this:

How to submit a new question for NXP Support

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Thank you. I was thing all the great things about Freescale were gone now. 

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi, all of my drives are internal drives.  I have C, D, E, F, G & Z are all internal drives (on partitions).  I cannot move this, its tied to my Google Drive backup software.  I have no problem with Codewarrior 6.3 in this configuration (running on an XP VM) with exactly the same file structure.  I have attached a picture of my drive configuration as shown in Windows Explorer.  As far as I know I am running 10.6.4 (How do I tell if its ".4"?)  The software last updated in January. I have run other IDEs on this directory structure (including two other versions of Eclipse in separate home directories) and they have no problem with this.  This is very frustrating.  I am finding the Codewarrior Eclipse is the most picky version of Eclipse I have ever run.  Your software guys are overthinking things. 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the delay.

It seems like you are using CodeWarrior 10.6, for the 10.6.4 version you should see this:

pastedImage_0.png

Do you get the "Unresolved inclusion" problems just when compiling the "Firmware" run configuration?

I noticed that the run configuration named "Firmware" does not have the same include paths as the "Bootloader" run configuration.

Firmware:

pastedImage_1.png

Bootloader:

pastedImage_2.png

Please try adding the Include paths to your "Firmware" configuration too and let me know if the issue is still present.

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. So to run 10.6.4 do I have to uninstall 10.6 and then install 10.6.4?  When I run update on my current software it says there are no updates.  Also, what about the patches, seems there is a patch 5 and a patch 6 to 10.6.4.  Do I install both?  The updating for Codewarrior is just not right, it should update me. I should not have to install 10.1 and then uninstall and install 10.2, etc.  It should do these updates, they are not major revisions and even if they were almost all software will update from X.x to (X+1).x.  I cannot even thing of another program installed that won't do this. I just need to get to the current version and then see what I can do.  I am only trying to get the Bootloader configuration to work now, its the most important.  I am having no issues with 6.3 but still do not like depending on a development and debug system running in a VM. Thanks,

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

You can have both CodeWarrior versions installed on your computer, there is no need to uninstall CodeWarrior 10.6. Regarding the updates, the general updates 5 and 6 include the latest versions of P&E and Segger run-control drivers and some bug fixes for the ColdFire familiy so it is recommended to install this updates.

About the project, would it be possible that you sent me the complete project so I can reproduce the issue on my side? I think this will help to solve the problem faster. If the project cannot be shared through the community you can send it in a case by entering a ticket NXP Technichal support.

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi, to me it seems rather pointless to have two version of the same major release on the system.  If this was going from 10.6 to 11.0 I could see the use but going from 10.6 to 10.6.4 seems redundant.  I hate going through the hassle of downloading a new installer, installing, etc just to move up to a minor revision.

Tell me the right way to package the project to get it to you.  I thought the attachment I sent above "

CW10 Archive File for PwrEq.zip"

would have been the whole project.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

I agree with you, it can be quite time consuming to uninstall a CodeWarrior version and then make a new installation to make an update to it.

Regarding the project, I tried to run the project but notice noticed that it has no files inside the sources folder:

pastedImage_1.png

and it also has some linked resources which are pointing to your backup project:

pastedImage_0.png

You can zip the missing files and attach it here, or as I mentioned before if the project cannot be shared through the community you can send it in a case by entering a ticket NXP Technichal support.

Best Regards!

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos

R_R_Ritchey
Contributor II

Hi Carlos, yes I do not have any files in the source directory.  All source and include files are in directories under the file folder "PwrEq".  They are spread out so I can take the core code and compile it for various different processors.  This works just fine in CW 6.3, I have pretty much been concentrating on that and have it compiling now.  I can complete this in CW 6.3 but would like to move it to CW 10.6.4 so I can also use the Kinetis family, etc.  I can send you a CW 6.3 PackAndGo ZIP of the working project if you like.  I can't believe that CW 10.6.4 cannot work as well as CW 6.3 for a large project like this.  I have attached a jpg of my directory structure.  The CW project is under the Unit/PE-15/Freescale/CW10 directory. Most file are in the surrounding directories.  There should be no issue just liking to these directories to search them.  This seem pretty straight forward in CW 10.6.x but they do not get searched.  Also, I installed CW 10.6.4 and then when I ran the auto update it stopped with an error.  I tried 2 more times and still got the error.  Every time I run update in 10.6.4 I get an error and it aborts.  I dumped the debug info and have attached it.  I also did file a ticket about this and mentioned your name.

0 Kudos