Host PC for using Codwarrior with demo9s08QG8 only windows xp or vista?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host PC for using Codwarrior with demo9s08QG8 only windows xp or vista?

Mei
Contributor IV

Some years ago a worked for a long time with MC68HC908QT4. I have programm and debug my Assembler Program with Codewarrior in Monitor Mode or User Monitor Mode.

Now I would like to use new MCS08QG Controller and I would bye demo9s08QG8 packet with Codewarrior inclused.

Now is my Question for all ... YES or NO ... : My host PC has  Windows 10, 32 bit. Can I use him?

The answer is NO what i read in NXP Dokumentation!

Can you make me hope?

With bes regards

Gerd Meinert

5 Replies

Mei
Contributor IV

I think, I can giv the answer oneself: On site "DEMO9S08QG: MC9S08QG8 Demo Bord" I can't see, what PC I must have, to use this board, but od site

"CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (Classic IDE) - RS08/HC(S)08, ColdFire V1 v6.3

I can read:

System Requirements

1.0 GHz Pentium® compatible processor or better

Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista (32-bit)

1 GB RAM

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor V

Either use virtual machine or follow instructions in this thread

https://community.nxp.com/thread/302974

Edward

0 Kudos

Mei
Contributor IV

Thank you very much for your attempt, to help me.

But unfortunately i have ony 32 bit in my Windows 10 System.

Gerd

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor V

Well, those instructions appeared because of lack of support for 64bit Windows 7. I believe it applies as well if not 100% then 95% for 32bit OS. Perhaps applying "removeoscheck" will be enough since 32bits XP drivers may still work on 32bits Windows 10. Just try following those instructions. Please leave your feedback in that thread, I believe someone will help.

Edward

Mei
Contributor IV

Thank you! Especially for your offer, to go this path wih me.

I think in principle I understand your basic idea. CodeWarrior is very big package with thausends of  software component with different older. With something luck and skill I can come to funktional software, dispite changed operating system.

In old time i have had dream, to separate, to split of from big Codewarrior only the few components for my purpose, one single, littel MCU to program with assembler.

But now to my current project - Progaming MC9S08QG with Assembler language.

I have received note to CodeWarrior for MCUs (Eclipse IDE)... S08 ...v11.1 which is able to work with windows 10, x32 operating system of my computer. Now I whant to download free version of this CodeWarrior and the to see later. But I still have need little development taget to program my MCU and will fot this buy old DEMO9S08QG8 borad. Now I'm worried. is ihis old Target contenst of latest CodeWarrior. If this is fact, them I hope, you can help me to complate my Software. In this case, when it give problems  I will write you.

Thank you for your time to read my text

and with best regards

Gerd Meinert

old friend of small MCUs

0 Kudos