cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto build using Eclipse

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi Team,

I am using i.Mx8 Family processor. Can you please tell whether it is possible to build the yocto bsp using eclipse to get the images (uboot,zImage,rootfs,dtb files). If yes then what is the procedure for the same.   

Regards,

Sharmila

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi Rita Wang,

Thank you for your response.

I want to compile yocto bsp (i.Mx8x) using eclipse. I don't want to compile my application. Please tell me how to compile the yocto bsp using eclipse.

Thank You,

Sharmila

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sharmila,

I have confirmed it that here you do not need use the eclipse, the eclipse is use for build application. You build the uboot,zImage,rootfs you can directly use the yocto to build the images for your board. Details steps you can refer to the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf.

Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi Team,

Please provide the solution to my query.

Thank you,

Shamila

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sharmila,

I have confirmed it for you that we do not have this solution. You can tell your customer to directly use the yocto to build the images for your board. Details steps you can refer to the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf.

Have a ncie day

Rita

0 Kudos

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi Rita Wang,

Thank you for your support.

It is required for me to use eclipse for build BSP since my customer requirement is building yocto bsp using IDE. Can you please tell whether it is possible ?

Thank You,

Sharmila

0 Kudos