S32 Design Studio (S32DS) supports Lauterbach Eclipse plug-in to debug S32DS projects via a Lauterbach probe + TRACE32 standalone application.
Currently (S32DS Power 1.1, S32DS ARM 1.3) supports "loose coupling" version of the plug-in. This configuration uses Eclipse IDE for development and standalone TRACE32 for debugging.
This plug-in supports the features below:
- Start TRACE32 from an Eclipse launch configuration
- Support for multiple projects (multi-core)
- Synchronization of breakpoints between Eclipse and TRACE32
- Open source file’ functionality from TRACE32 to Eclipse and vice versa
See the Lauterbach document for additional information about the plug-in.
First of all make sure you have TRACE32 installed. Now let's proceed to eclipse plug-in installation.
1. go to menu "Help" -> "Install New Software" and click on "Add..." button
2. select the Loose Coupling version of component and click "Next"
3. Tick " I Accept the terms of the license agreement" and Select all Lauterbach certificates to trust.
4. Finally you proceed to the installation. When the plugin is installed you will be asked to restart S32DS
Now you should be able to create a project with Lauterbach Debugger support:
or manage (create, delete, adjust) Lauterbach eclipse debug configurations:
Enjoy debugging with TRACE32 Eclipse plug-in in S32DS!