the new Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 is available in the download section of the Freescale web:
Kinetis Design Studio is free of charge and unlimited.
- New Eclipse Luna 4.4 IDE
- Added Mac OS X (10.10, "Yosemite") host operating system support with Segger J-Link.
- Added CMSIS-SVD Peripheral Register viewer.
- New 'Welcome' view
- New GNU ARM Embedded (launchpad) toolchain, reducing memory footprint especially for small devices.
- New upgrade/migration assistant to migrate projects to V3.0.0.
- Updated and extended Segger and P&E debugging support: attach to running target, semihosting and advanced flash programming features.
- New Processor Expert V3.0 with multiple repository support and simplified Kinetis SDK usage and ability to generate projects for IAR and Keil.
- Updated New Project Wizard (NPW) for simpler project creation.
- Updated GNU ARM Eclipse plugins, multiple tool chain configurations.
- Aligned and optimized for Kinetis SDK v1.2
- New Device Support: see attached release notes (Rev 1).
Additional Kinetis SDK Device Support
For full/additional device support:
- Download the Kinetis SDK v1.2 from Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale
- Install the Kinetis SDK
- Add Kinetis SDK v1.2 to KDS: Use the menu Help > Install New Software and use C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.2.0_Eclipse_Update (KSDK path on windows)
See https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103698 for additional details, especially about porting KDS v2.0.0 projects to the GNU ARM Embedded (launchpad) tools.
Screenshots of new features
Mac OS X support:
New Workspace Welcome view:
Kinetis SDK selection in New Project Wizard:
Ability to generate Processor Expert (Microcontroller Driver Suite) external projects for IAR and Keil:
Eclipse Luna 4.4, e.g. Split Editor Views:
Processor Expert V3.0 and multiple component repositories:
Upgrade assistant to migrate projects from KDS V1.x/V2.0.0 to V3.0.0:
Multiple tool chain configurations:
Peripheral Register Viewer:
JTAG Daisy Chaining:
Advanced Flash Programming Options:
Attach to running target:
And finally, for the 'lovers of the dark side' :-): Eclipse Luna 'Dark' style: