Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the linker command file?

Jump to solution
infoclog
Contributor III

Hello,

where can I find the linker command file  ( the file where all the sections are mentioned about the relocation of the object code )?

I could not find any linker command file in any of the example codes. Is this file embedded in the codewarrior?

Infoclog.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi infoclog,

Each example includes a subdirectory named "LCF" and it includes both linker command files - Ram and Flash targets.

If you open a 560xB project in IDE (see the attachments) you will see the folder "Linker Configuration Files" which includes the .lcf files.

The active one depends on the target selected (the black dot in the target column)  e.g. ADC_CTU-flash target uses 5500_VLE_flash.lcf"

A CodeWarrior project theoretically does not need any .lcf file if no complex linking is required e.g. there are no custom sections etc. You have to just define default addresses for Code, Data and Small data sections (see the second screenshot attached)

Anyway using .lcf file is highly recommended.

Stanish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
superlumi
Contributor I

It definitely depends on your setup. Specially on what version of CodeWarrior you are using and also if your are using the MQX RTOS. In my case, I am using both and the file is located in ...\Freescale MQX 3.7\lib\twrmcf52259.cw10\bsp. If your project doesn't use MQX (but your using CW10.1), it is very likely that the file is contained in your project, in ${ProjDirPath}/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/xyz.lcf

If you are using CodeWarrior 10.1 (I think it is the latest at this time), on the project Explorer select your project, right click on it. Select Properties. In the Tool Settings tab, select ColdFire Linker, then Input. You'll see the path there.

I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
infoclog
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using Codewarrior IDE Version 5.9.0 ( thourhg Help ) and CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.8 ( written on the CD which I installed ) I dont know which Version do I have to quote here. The micrcocontroller that I am programming is MPC5604B. I am using the example codes provided in the directory

CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.8\(CodeWarrior_Examples)\560xB-CW\.

Can you please tell me now where can I find the linker command files?

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi infoclog,

Each example includes a subdirectory named "LCF" and it includes both linker command files - Ram and Flash targets.

If you open a 560xB project in IDE (see the attachments) you will see the folder "Linker Configuration Files" which includes the .lcf files.

The active one depends on the target selected (the black dot in the target column)  e.g. ADC_CTU-flash target uses 5500_VLE_flash.lcf"

A CodeWarrior project theoretically does not need any .lcf file if no complex linking is required e.g. there are no custom sections etc. You have to just define default addresses for Code, Data and Small data sections (see the second screenshot attached)

Anyway using .lcf file is highly recommended.

Stanish

0 Kudos