cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cw10 device initialization error windows 7 x64

zergulino
Contributor I

Hi

I'm with a strange bug in the device initialization, I´m using windows 7 x64, and cw10.

When the project was create, the device initialization open and I can set all my peripherals, but when i close my CW10 and open again, the device initialization show the device with "no cpu selected" warning and i cant set my peripherals.

I dont know how to select the device again, somebody can help me.

Thx in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

SIS
Contributor I

Hi

Try to click on the deviceinitializationi.pe\cpus on the project panel on the left, the device initializator should appears.

B/R

0 Kudos

FrankBuss
Contributor I

Meanwhile I've contacted Freescale and yes, the device initialization problem was my fault: the problem was, that after restarting Eclipse, I had open the DeviceInitialization.pe folder in the Project Packages view, which looked like a file and just double clicking on it opens just an XML file, so I didn't realized this the first time. Then double clicking on the CPU opens the device initialization again.

The Freescale support provided a beta version of the Bootloader GUI for me, which has still some bugs, but works on my Windows 64 platform. And they described, how to install the good old Code Warrior V6.3 on Windows 7 64bit: Just copy an installation from a 32 bit XP machine and run the regservers.bat in the bin directory of Code Warrior as an administrator. Now I don't have to mess with Eclipse for developing.

0 Kudos

FrankBuss
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same problem with Windows 7 x64. Did you found a solution?

Maybe I just don't know how to use it, but looks like the new Eclipse IDE is really slow and has lots of bugs and is complicated to use. Maybe I should install a VM with a XP installation and the good old CodeWarrior 6.3? Unfortunately the old CodeWarrior version doesn't work on Windows 7 x64. GUI Bootloader drivers also doesn't work, so this looks like the only solution, unless Freescale fixes the bugs.

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos