Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior v7.0 licence

Jump to solution
rdazcal
Contributor III

Greetings,

I just started to venture in the ColdFire v2 family, and I am working on a MCF52233 DEMO board and Code Warrior 7.0.

I wanted to try out the demonstration programs, but I could not compile, after recieving a notification that I dont have a licence with full functionality, which limits me to 32 files per target.

Ok, I get that. So I tried to start small, with only a "hello world" program. I created a project from scratch using the CW "create new project" wizard. But when I tried to compile it, I got the following message:

Error: Unable to use the plugin "Code Warrior C/C++". It is licenced and a valid licence key was not found.

Feature has expired.

Shouldnt I get e free licence, but limitted in code size for example? Thats how I used to work with ColdWarrior 6.3.

obs: I am usin a Computer in which Code Warrior 10 was previously installed and than uninstalled.

Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Why not download the latest version 7.2 of Codewarrior from this site, together with the v7.2.1 patch?

Make sure to get the "evaluation version". This will give you full functionality for 30 days, after which it will automatically revert to the "special edition" version with object code size limit of 128Kbytes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Why not download the latest version 7.2 of Codewarrior from this site, together with the v7.2.1 patch?

Make sure to get the "evaluation version". This will give you full functionality for 30 days, after which it will automatically revert to the "special edition" version with object code size limit of 128Kbytes.

0 Kudos
rdazcal
Contributor III

Thank you Mac.

I did just that yesterday and it worked fine.

I am having other issues in getting the demo boar running but I will post it in another thread, since it is not licence related.

0 Kudos