(cross-posted on the 68K/ColdFire® MPU forum)
I have made some modifications to Coldfire TCP/IP Lite to make it compatible with the new Codewarrior 7.2. These modifications were necessary because CW7.2 can only use register parameter passing to functions while CF Lite was designed to use stack based parameter passing to functions.
I have found one issue though. When the optimisation of the compiler is set to >1, the TCP protocol fails to work. UDP on the other hand works fine on any optimisation level.
When this version of Coldfire Lite is compiled on CW7.1.2 (using register parameter passing), everything keeps working fine at every optimisation level.
This makes me believe there is an issue with code optimisation in Codewarrior 7.2.
For those interested, the new Coldfire Lite is available here: